Blaming Vatican II
Thank you everyone for you reples and help.  It is now a little clearer.  I also went to the FE page and found a link on DH that explains it well.

It is so nice to have the encouragement and help of everyone here on FE as I learn more about tradition and the Catholic church.  I pray that I will learn well so that I can help spread the word about all the traditions and doctrines that most NO catholics don't know!  So many that I know are frustrated with the state of the church and are searching.
(01-07-2010, 03:13 PM)SearchingCatholic Wrote: I thought I was getting an infallible church with ancient, consistent apostolic teaching so that I didn't always have to reinvent the wheel!  I sometimes feel like I was lied to and sold a bill of goods!

I was born & raised Catholic and I feel that way.  Thus my username.  ;D

It's easy to despair and be frustrated.  Pray, educate yourself, and find a good priest.

Frequent visits to Fisheaters to read my inspiring posts also help.  ;)
(07-01-2009, 01:02 PM)James02 Wrote:
Quote:- the majority of the faithful will be served by the dioceses which also hopefully will allow married priest to provide succession like for the Eastern Catholics, they will be more liberalized and shrank.

Surprised I'm the first one to catch that.

I guess you feel this way because in the Novus Ordo the priests are dying off and families are contracepting themselves to death.  Seminaries are empty.  Don't lose heart.  The new Springtime of Vatican II is just around the corner.  Once the authentic Vat. II is implemented then we will see the real fruits!  Just wait and see!

Nah, I ain't drinking the Kool Aid.  I'll stay over here in Tradtion with our large families and bursting seminaries, and single priests who aren't distracted by family concerns.
Keep writing James02.... I'm learning with Caritas and SearchingCatholic.  I agree with your points. There is so much to learn. Keep posting even if you have to repeat from another thread. It helps those of us who haven't read all the other previous posts/threads.
There is some humor here, as I sent out a PM a few days ago saying I had to cut back on posting, as it is a new year, and my clients now have freshly funded budgets. ;D

I see you haven't posted much.  May I suggest that if you have a question, post it as a new topic.  There are plenty of people on this forum that will be glad to answer any questions you have.  And of course consult a good Traditional priest when you are able.
[quote='James02' pid='501315' dateline='1263157419']
There is some humor here, as I sent out a PM a few days ago saying I had to cut back on posting, as it is a new year, and my clients now have freshly funded budgets. ;D

I see you haven't posted much.  May I suggest that if you have a question, post it as a new topic.  There are plenty of people on this forum that will be glad to answer any questions you have.  And of course consult a good Traditional priest when you are able.
[/quote

I haven't posted much. I'm new to FE. I've been reading mostly. Thank you,  I appreciate the advice and will take your suggestion. Hmmm... how does one find a good Traditional priest?  Is there a clergy directory of some kind? I'll google my area.
(01-10-2010, 10:02 PM)the4thlamb Wrote:
(01-10-2010, 05:03 PM)James02 Wrote: There is some humor here, as I sent out a PM a few days ago saying I had to cut back on posting, as it is a new year, and my clients now have freshly funded budgets. ;D

I haven't posted much. I'm new to FE. I've been reading mostly. Thank you,  I appreciate the advice and will take your suggestion. Hmmm... how does one find a good Traditional priest?  Is there a clergy directory of some kind? I'll google my area.

Look for priests in the following orders: SSPX, ICK, FSSP, and a few others.

If you feel comfortable enough to give a general geographic area (e..g, Chicago, IL) I'm sure people will be able to help you out.
(01-10-2010, 10:15 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(01-10-2010, 10:02 PM)the4thlamb Wrote:
(01-10-2010, 05:03 PM)James02 Wrote: There is some humor here, as I sent out a PM a few days ago saying I had to cut back on posting, as it is a new year, and my clients now have freshly funded budgets. ;D

Look for priests in the following orders: SSPX, ICK, FSSP, and a few others.

If you feel comfortable enough to give a general geographic area (e..g, Chicago, IL) I'm sure people will be able to help you out.

Any good traditional priests on the west side of Michigan?  I would be more comfortable with the FSSP or ICK if I can find them. I would love some good spiritaul direction and don't mind driving a little for it, but I have a 3 yr. old with me all the time and my van is getting old.
(01-08-2010, 01:20 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: SearchingCath

TradMavrick gave almost a concise answer as can be given...and when all is said and done, man has the free will to choose wrongly, but in the natural law he does not have the right to do so.

Freedom of religion as it is currently understood is tantamount to conceding a right in the Natural Law which does not exist.

Or in short, you don't have the right to be wrong.
credo Wrote:To continue in the area of catchesis, it is clear that there was also a large inability to grasp the difference between Church Doctrine, and traditions or customs. This can be evidenced by the supprising number of people one runs across even today who are deeply unsettled, for instance, by the changes to Friday abstinence. It is to them as if someone declared a forth person added to the Trinity.

Not exactly. Here is St. Thomas on a change in the human law:
Summa Wrote:Article 2. Whether human law should always be changed, whenever something better occurs?

I answer that, As stated above (Article 1), human law is rightly changed, in so far as such change is conducive to the common weal. But, to a certain extent, the mere change of law is of itself prejudicial to the common good: because custom avails much for the observance of laws, seeing that what is done contrary to general custom, even in slight matters, is looked upon as grave. Consequently, when a law is changed, the binding power of the law is diminished, in so far as custom is abolished. Wherefore human law should never be changed, unless, in some way or other, the common weal be compensated according to the extent of the harm done in this respect. Such compensation may arise either from some very great and every evident benefit conferred by the new enactment; or from the extreme urgency of the case, due to the fact that either the existing law is clearly unjust, or its observance extremely harmful. Wherefore the jurist says [Pandect. Justin. lib. i, ff., tit. 4, De Constit. Princip.] that "in establishing new laws, there should be evidence of the benefit to be derived, before departing from a law which has long been considered just."
(01-13-2010, 10:13 AM)ggreg Wrote:
(01-08-2010, 01:20 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: SearchingCath

TradMavrick gave almost a concise answer as can be given...and when all is said and done, man has the free will to choose wrongly, but in the natural law he does not have the right to do so.

Freedom of religion as it is currently understood is tantamount to conceding a right in the Natural Law which does not exist.

Or in short, you don't have the right to be wrong.

I like that. ...very concise.