So, no more "stable group" needed ?
Sweet news ! In a recent document of clarification, ED Comission stated that no more stable group is needed for a priest to offer a TLM to his parishionners. 

Source: http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/201...lesia.html
another small step!  :pray:
(02-19-2010, 02:45 AM)Fortunatus Wrote: Sweet news ! In a recent document of clarification, ED Comission stated that no more stable group is needed for a priest to offer a TLM to his parishionners. 

Source: http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/201...lesia.html

It was never the case anyway that a ''group'' was needed, so nothings changed. But it's good to see it in fine print. SP was ambiguous on this point. It doesn't explicitly state that a priest can for example ''introduce'' the traditional Mass even without being asked to by a ''stable group''. It simply says a priest must do so if he is requested. Otherwise, it is at his discretion, since this Mass was never ''abrogated'' anyway and so the right remains to say it. 
It's very "good to see it in fine print".
Its nice on paper and all but all Bishop Funny Pants has to do is transfer Fr. I want to celebrate the TLM to St John's Hospital Chapel or the Diocesan lemonade stand if he dares to celebrate it.

Does a bishop *have* to provide a TLM if requested?  For example the parish priest may say he doesn't like it or doesn't know latin,  or there may be no other priests willing to do it.
In other words do we have a right to the TLM?

Discussion on this from earlier in the week, details on the 'fine print' are linked as well:
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...698.0.html
(02-19-2010, 11:44 AM)Baskerville Wrote: Its nice on paper and all but all Bishop Funny Pants has to do is transfer Fr. I want to celebrate the TLM to St John's Hospital Chapel or the Diocesan lemonade stand if he dares to celebrate it.

Point well-taken.

On an unrelated note, Baskerville, you have excellent taste in avatars. I was just teaching the Isenheim Altarpiece to my AP Art History students today. An utterly sublime piece.
(02-19-2010, 04:32 PM)WilfredLeblanc Wrote:
(02-19-2010, 11:44 AM)Baskerville Wrote: Its nice on paper and all but all Bishop Funny Pants has to do is transfer Fr. I want to celebrate the TLM to St John's Hospital Chapel or the Diocesan lemonade stand if he dares to celebrate it.

Point well-taken.

On an unrelated note, Baskerville, you have excellent taste in avatars. I was just teaching the Isenheim Altarpiece to my AP Art History students today. An utterly sublime piece.

The real nod has to go to Quis and Vox it was in the Avatar collection on site. But it is a beautiful one so I had to pic it. And its perfect for lent.
I'm glad someone else pointed this out. I had the same reaction on a similar thread on another forum. The biggest fix to this, however, will come as +Funny Pants is forced to retire at 75 and is replaced by +I won't get in the way of traditionalism. Note, I have very little hope that the next generation of bishops will be pushing traditionalism on the whole, but I do think our Holy Father is working to make sure that the new bishops will at least be supportive of it when it happens at the parish level. Maybe yet another generation of bishops from now we'll have a diocesan return to the traditional mass en masse.