Vatican Releases Top 10 Albums of All Time List
For better or for worse, my favorite Onion piece of all time is this, which I thought was a real howler 12 years ago (seven years before I converted):

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28994
(02-20-2010, 03:52 AM)WilfredLeblanc Wrote: For better or for worse, my favorite Onion piece of all time is this, which I thought was a real howler 12 years ago (seven years before I converted):

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28994

That's hilarious!
(02-19-2010, 12:11 AM)stvincentferrer Wrote:
(02-18-2010, 01:51 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Nice to see the hippies left over from V2 are still in the Vatican

Here's Quis' Top 10 Albums (or things similar to albums) of All Time (well, at least for the next hour)

1. Metallica, Master of Puppets
2. Led Zeppelin, Zeppelin 4
3. Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath
4. Ozzy Osbourne, Blizzard of Ozz
5. Megadeth, Peace Sells But Who's Buying?
6. Metallica, Ride the Lightning
7. AC/DC, Back in Black
8. Opeth, Deliverance
9. Robert Johnson, The Complete Recordings
10.Yngwie Malmsteen, Rising Force

Yikes, you are a true metal head Quis. ;D Other than Led Zep IV I wouldn't let any of those albums anywhere near my turntable.
A top ten album list that doesn't include one Zeppelin album but does include Michael Jackson's "Thriller" is only something to snicker at......... :laughing:

What a bunch of goofballs at this paper.

Other than Santana (And very far from his best stuff) and PF, you can toss the rest of that crap into the garbage where it belongs.

(02-17-2010, 09:12 PM)stvincentferrer Wrote: Weird list. The Crosby and Fagen entries are surprising. Revolver is listed as #1 and all the rest are chronological.

1. The Beatles, Revolver

2. David Crosby, If I Could Only Remember My Name

3. Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon

4. Fleetwood Mac, Rumours

5. Donald Fagen, The Nightfly

6. Michael Jackson, Thriller

7. Paul Simon, Graceland

8. U2, Achtung Baby

9. Oasis, (What’s the Story) Morning Glory

10. Carlos Santana, Supernatural
Well after all, they were bigger than Jesus Christ at one time. :sneaky:
Revolver and Rumours are awesome albums. I agree that "Thriller" isn't that great.

Here's my list of top ten albums in the rock/pop vein (in no particular order):

Chronicles 1, CCR
Abbey Road, Beatles
Sunflower, Beach Boys
Who's Next, The Who
Kinks Kronikles, Kinks
Village Green Preservation Society, Kinks
Exile on Main Street, Rolling Stones
London Calling, The Clash
The Clash, The Clash
Veedon Fleece, Van Morrison

What's next?

L' Osservatore Romano is going to start running Doonesbury cartoons?

Even the Archdiocese of Los Angeles' rag, The Tidings, doesn't stoop to such depths. 
First of all, I would like to point out that given that Revolver was released before If I Could Only Remember My Name, the entire list is in chronological order. Secondly, I would like to point out to those suggesting Robert Johnson be on the list that there is a long-standing blues tradition that says he made a deal with Satan himself to learn to play as he played. But most importantly, L'OR needs to come terms with the fact that--right or wrong-- people will use the term "the Vatican" to describe whatever they print. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if they would take themselves a little more seriously. Obviously this isn't a papal document, let alone an ex cathedra pronouncement, but still there will be people who will casually read over this and think it came from the pope. If they'd like to have a lighter side, perhaps they could take to printing an April Fool's Day issue?
(02-21-2010, 01:21 PM)FrancisB Wrote: Secondly, I would like to point out to those suggesting Robert Johnson be on the list that there is a long-standing blues tradition that says he made a deal with Satan himself to learn to play as he played.

They said the same about Paganini.  And if you've seen Crossroads, you know the devil plays like Steve Vai anyhow.
(02-21-2010, 03:04 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-21-2010, 01:21 PM)FrancisB Wrote: Secondly, I would like to point out to those suggesting Robert Johnson be on the list that there is a long-standing blues tradition that says he made a deal with Satan himself to learn to play as he played.

They said the same about Paganini.  And if you've seen Crossroads, you know the devil plays like Steve Vai anyhow.

Paganini always sounded a little pagan to me... ;)
"Rattle and Hum" could have been the theme song for JPII's confab with the witchdoctors!