1 Million Austrians May Leave Church
I'm afraid the video didn't load for me.

Nic Wrote:This is the worst time for the Church...ever.

By what criteria? Once again - and this cannot be underestimated - while the Church is faltering in areas of "the West," we're doing quite nicely in the Southern Hemisphere. Like I said earlier this week, please consider that the Christianity exists outside of "the West" before making dramatic statements like the above.

Quote:At least during the Protestant Revolt ("Reformation") there was a clear choice to be made.

Not in England, where Protestantism had achieved it's finest success in the first stages of the Reformation. The line between Catholic and Anglican was quite blurry for the average fellow in the pew.

Quote:This new religion even has a new Mass that bears the ideals of Thomas Cranmers and Martin Luther's "Lord's Supper" Community Meal.

Please clarify. Are you saying Luther and Cranmer shared the same beliefs on the Mass?
Are these the same 1 million austrians who left after the bishop Williamson affair? How many consecutive times can you "leave" the church?  ;D :laughing:
Dauphin Wrote:How many consecutive times can you "leave" the church?

Maybe the liberals keep people on standby.  :)
(03-20-2010, 06:51 PM)Credo Wrote:
Dauphin Wrote:How many consecutive times can you "leave" the church?

Maybe the liberals keep people on standby.  :)
don't tell their secrets
(03-20-2010, 06:42 PM)Credo Wrote: I'm afraid the video didn't load for me.

Nic Wrote:This is the worst time for the Church...ever.

By what criteria? Once again - and this cannot be underestimated - while the Church is faltering in areas of "the West," we're doing quite nicely in the Southern Hemisphere. Like I said earlier this week, please consider that the Christianity exists outside of "the West" before making dramatic statements like the above.

Is it Catholicism or liberation theology?

Just wondering what basis you have for this.

Credo will bring up *frica and such. But its a bloated argument. And sure nigeria will be spoken about but its heavily NOtard and besides the block rosaries I don't see much of a doing well. The thing is in poor nations most have other pressing matters to deal with besides apostazising. the lack of neutrality means few sit on the fence or turn libtard. But due to the protestant NO the sickness is still present and will take different forms. I'm very aquanted with catholicism of nigeria as I've spent allot of time around nigerian catholics. Though I have not been to nigeria I have helped a school aquire a library of catholic books in lagos.
South amarica is nothing to talk about huge prod inroads and catholism is heavly invested and infested with liberation theology
Just sayin
This is the attack of the Enemy against the Church.

The Enemy hasquite shaky political power, and if that is broken, the attacks will be stopped too, people will talk about the abuses, including pedophile abuses of the former owners of the media.

Study what happened in 1933 in Germany.
(03-20-2010, 04:23 PM)Walty Wrote: I don't know about the Chastisement but certainly this is the worst time for the Church since at least the Reformation.

If the million leave the NO - all the better............after all, that is it's very purpose.

We have already experienced at least a few chastisements, one of the first happened when good clergy were persecuted, smeared then kicked out for resisting the changes some 40 years ago.

Then "who knows" how many grand churches were dismantled and replaced with the lifeless auditoriums that are common place today...... and on and on etc ad nuasem

Nope, without the Holy Sacrifice, the worst times have yet to be seen. 
(03-20-2010, 08:41 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(03-20-2010, 04:23 PM)Walty Wrote: I don't know about the Chastisement but certainly this is the worst time for the Church since at least the Reformation.

If the million leave the NO - all the better............after all, that is it's very purpose.

We have already experienced at least a few chastisements, one of the first happened when good clergy were persecuted, smeared then kicked out for resisting the changes some 40 years ago.

Then "who knows" how many grand churches were dismantled and replaced with the lifeless auditoriums that are common place today...... and on and on etc ad nuasem

Nope, without the Holy Sacrifice, the worst times have yet to be seen. 

I agreed with you up until the last line.  What do you mean exactly?
(03-20-2010, 09:26 PM)Walty Wrote:
(03-20-2010, 08:41 PM)Stubborn Wrote: Nope, without the Holy Sacrifice, the worst times have yet to be seen. 

I agreed with you up until the last line.  What do you mean exactly?

What I mean is: "It is the Mass that matters." Consider what that little sentence means. Right now and for the last +40 years, the NO has been the rule and because of that, the Church as a whole has experienced a massive loss of faith.

The loss of faith brings continuous chastisements that will necessarily get progressively worse - God demands appeasement and He is not getting it!

Without the Mass comes the loss of faith, which continues since the revolution and will continue till after the Mass returns.......by then, we may all be dead for 100 years.

With The Holy Sacrifice, God is appeased. Without it, God is not appeased. All indications to anyone above age 10 obviously points to God not being appeased.

In His mercy, He will allow - and who knows? -  even send more punishments or chastisements upon us all - meant to wake us up.

We all know that the gates of Hell will never prevail, but the battle that began some +40 years ago is now firmly rooted in at least two generations - look for worse chastisements before things get better is all I am suggesting.