Rumors of a Holy Week 2010 Papal Surprise
Let's hope that the rumors of some good news this Easter will be so loud that even if nothing substantial justifies them, this web rumor become a self fullfilling prophecy....
(03-29-2010, 02:21 AM)JamieF Wrote: I feel very certain that it will be the consecration of Russia - particularly given the recent completion of the 12 million rosaries by the SSPX.  This seems to me to be the most important thing of all, as it will be the beginning of the restoration I think.

yes yes yes!!!!!  Hopefully that happens by the end of May
(03-29-2010, 02:06 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Even if the Pope eliminated Communion in the hand...it wouldn't matter...the Bishops and Priests in the USA were disobedient before, they will still be disobedient. We have a priest in our diocese who was rumored to say "Why would I want to go back to mumbling to the wall" when asked if he would say a TLM.

"rumored to say" is the key phrase there.  don't put stock in rumors, many have no basis in truth.
If I told you an Angel appeared to me in a dream and told me "Absolutely nothing of significance to Traditional Catholics will come out of the Vatican by the end of May" you wouldn't believe me.

1.  Because hope is more exciting.

2.  Because I'm probably lying.

I'll mark my diary for May 31st and see whether the "angel" was right or wrong by resurrecting this thread.
(03-29-2010, 05:17 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(03-29-2010, 02:31 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: More rumors:
http://www.catholicvoteaction.org/americ...php?p=6552

Quote:[Image: 2356924060_095bcedd18.jpg]
There is a tradition in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles that their new archbishop is announced the Monday before Easter at their Chrism Mass. Next Monday is the monday before Easter, so it’s time to perk our ears up.

Also, if the announcement does not come before Easter, directly after Easter would have a high probability as well.

Back in February I wrote that I think the most likely candidate to take over this archdiocese is Bishop Thomas Olmsted of Phoenix. Time will tell, and prayers until then.
:laughing:

That dog is scared of the good cardinal, rightfully so.... :o
Hmmmm me thinks that as the Orthodox and Latin Easters fall on the same Sunday this year (at least I think they do) I think there may be some announcement regarding steps forward to some agreement to heal the schism.
The 'biggest' announcements never have preceding rumors, IMO the hype/impact ratio is usually inversely proportional.
(03-30-2010, 02:01 AM)In nomine Patris Wrote: That dog is scared of the good cardinal, rightfully so.... :o

Good cardinal?  ???
I heard he would be making 4 new Cardinals:

[Image: photo-ev-08-lr.jpg]
(03-30-2010, 12:24 PM)VinnyF Wrote: I heard he would be making 4 new Cardinals:

Hmm, Felipe Lopez, Brad Penny, Jaime Garcia and whom?

I know that Baseball is a Catholic game (consider the Padres, Cardinals & Angels, and that the first words of the bible are "In the big inning"), but I didn't know B16 was a fan.