Rumors of a Holy Week 2010 Papal Surprise
And baseball has its adverseries too

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

And the worst one of all, guess who????

Of Course    THE WASHINGTON SENATORS
You mean the Twins or the Rangers?
(03-30-2010, 01:02 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: And baseball has its adverseries too

Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Hey, they're just the Tampa Bay Rays these days. They actually "exorcised" the devil in 2008--the year they went to the World Series. Coincidence?  ;)

(03-30-2010, 01:09 PM)Walty Wrote: You mean the Twins or the Rangers?

The Montreal Expos actually moved to DC to become the Senators a couple years ago. It can be confusing.  :crazy:
(03-30-2010, 01:20 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote:
(03-30-2010, 01:09 PM)Walty Wrote: You mean the Twins or the Rangers?

The Montreal Expos actually moved to DC to become the Senators a couple years ago. It can be confusing.  :crazy:

The Expos became the Washington Nationals. The Washington Senators existed twice: one moved to Minnesota and became the Twins, the other moved to Texas and became the Rangers.
I want my Papal Surprise!!! Give me that there Papal surprise!!!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(03-30-2010, 01:44 PM)Paul Wrote:
SaintSebastian Wrote: The Montreal Expos actually moved to DC to become the Senators a couple years ago. It can be confusing.  :crazy:

The Expos became the Washington Nationals.
I knew that but I had a brain cramp! :doh: I think they were both call "Nats" for short though--I wonder if that was on purpose? (is this thread being hijacked?  :-[ )
The papal surprise better come with cake or i'll be mad!  >:(
Hah. I was going to say...  The Senators haven't been a team since I think the 60s. The NATIONALS on the other hand are a fine, fine organization. I can catch fly balls from Nationals Stadium out my window.
(03-30-2010, 12:24 PM)VinnyF Wrote: I heard he would be making 4 new Cardinals:

[Image: photo-ev-08-lr.jpg]

Heh...  ;)
(03-30-2010, 05:06 PM)Walty Wrote: Hah. I was going to say...  The Senators haven't been a team since I think the 60s. The NATIONALS on the other hand are a fine, fine organization. I can catch fly balls from Nationals Stadium out my window.

Nice!  I was thinking about heading back to DC for the Royals/Nationals interleague game (maybe not; money's getting tight).  Nationals Stadium is one of my favorite ballparks on the east coast.  I have a photo of me drinking beers with George Washington.