Priest Says Pope Is 'Not Being Truthful' About Sex Abuse Cases
Priest Says Pope Is 'Not Being Truthful' About Sex Abuse Cases
ABC News

A defiant Massachusetts priest today accused Pope Benedict XVI of lying about his role in what the priest said was a cover up of "systemic" child abuse by Catholic priests.

The Rev. James Scahill of St. Michael's Parish in East Longmeadow made his comments one day after he took to the pulpit during Sunday mass and called for the pope to resign.

"I think there has been a cover-up, knowingly, to protect the image of the institution and the image of priesthood, even at the expense of children," Scahill told the ABC News affiliate WCVB. "By moving these pedophiles and ephebophiles from parish to parish, they placed innocent, unsuspecting children in harm's way. And also, by placing these weak men in further temptation, they frankly were as culpable of the victimization as the victimizer." ....

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/priest-pope-tru...275&page=1
what do you think about this fartsucker
I am getting upset about this. This fartsy guy obviously knows that these thread titles are read by far more people than the threads themselves.

I wish this would be stopped. He is posting nothing but filth. I have not even read the present offering and don't care to. I've read enough of his other garbage dredged up from the gutters of the world. It is the prominence of the titles that bothers me because of the way their appearance can misrepresent the actual character of us all.
I don't see any explanation of Fr. Scahill's special insight into the Holy Father's actions.  Has he held some position where he was involved in or knowledgeable of the activities he claims "they" carried out?  Or is his just psychic?  Or, most likely of all, is he just opinionating with no basis in fact?

I believe it's the latter, and I'll return the favor....and God forgive me if I am incorrect and am maligning a good priest......who'll take a bet that Fr. Scahill is an anti-TLM, gays-are-OK, darn-that-Humanae-Vitae priest, who's motivated by an animus towards the Pope?
(04-12-2010, 07:28 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: I don't see any explanation of Fr. Scahill's special insight into the Holy Father's actions.  Has he held some position where he was involved in or knowledgeable of the activities he claims "they" carried out?  Or is his just psychic?  Or, most likely of all, is he just opinionating with no basis in fact?

I believe it's the latter, and I'll return the favor....and God forgive me if I am incorrect and am maligning a good priest......who'll take a bet that Fr. Scahill is an anti-TLM, gays-are-OK, darn-that-Humanae-Vitae priest, who's motivated by an animus towards the Pope?

Who knows, indeed? But considering the location, he could just as easily be traditional and criticizing what happened based on the special relationship between the corruption of Massachusetts government and the pedo scandals.  Scahill can base those accusations on local Massachusetts culture and not on any special insight into anyone'sactions.  Again, I am actually posting without reading the material because I am just sick of it.  Obviously, it is not the Pope's fault.  What would anyone say if we threatened harm to Obama himself, blaming Obama himself for things the Acorn people were accused of doing?  Just because they are all Democrats?  That is the same thing. What some people got away with in the name of politics deserved investigation and punishment and the leadership deserves to be embarrassed and lose some support, but you can't blame the leader especially for things that happened years before he even became the leader, and also especially because in our case, this Pope did indeed try to stem the tide of corruption from whatever position he held.
Alright, it's time someone does something about this idiot.
(04-12-2010, 07:22 PM)littlerose Wrote: I am getting upset about this. This fartsy guy obviously knows that these thread titles are read by far more people than the threads themselves.

Well, it seems that Decay be turnin' the forum against me, now, blast ye.  Guess I'd better be leavin'. It's all fine and dandy when Decay posts stuff about "stoning whores" and beatin' children, but if Fartmeister tries to get people to see what's going on in the world he be gettin' banned for it.  I see how it goes. Forgot to read the forum rules where it be sayin that only news stories 'bout puppies and daffodils are allowed to be posted here. Some people I guess would just like to stick their heads in the sand rather keep abreast of what's going on.  I posted the news stories because they're all over the news and there's no use in pretending they aren't there and people should be payin' attention.
(04-12-2010, 08:36 PM)Fartmeister Wrote:
(04-12-2010, 07:22 PM)littlerose Wrote: I am getting upset about this. This fartsy guy obviously knows that these thread titles are read by far more people than the threads themselves.

Well, it seems that Decay be turnin' the forum against me, now, blast ye.  Guess I'd better be leavin'. It's all fine and dandy when Decay posts stuff about "stoning whores" and beatin' children, but if Fartmeister tries to get people to see what's going on in the world he be gettin' banned for it.  I see how it goes. Forgot to read the forum rules where it be sayin that only news stories 'bout puppies and daffodils are allowed to be posted here. Some people I guess would just like to stick their heads in the sand rather keep abreast of what's going on.  I posted the news stories because they're all over the news and there's no use in pretending they aren't there and people should be payin' attention.

OR

You could answer my PM.
-never mind-
(04-12-2010, 08:36 PM)Fartmeister Wrote: Guess I'd better be leavin'.

Later.