I'm mad at hypocrites!!
Tonight, I went back to church to pick up a missal I had left.  This evening, I had my parents over for dinner, and they brought a disadvantaged individual, who is not Catholic.  Mark (the disadvantaged individual) wanted to go with me back to the church to get the missal, as I had told him about the adoration chapel.  Mark and I went into the main church, and left through the adoration chapel.  As we approached I could see people talking, which is very upsetting to  me.  We went in and they kept talking, but finally started a rosary.  Then the people kept looking back at my friend and I like we were bums or something.  Here it is, I'm trying to introduce someone to our Lord, and the people in the chapel are irreverent, and then treat me like a criminal like I don't belong.  Ugggggg.  So Mark and I left.  I don't think he thought much of Catholics.
I'm at the point in life where I'd get vicious.  I'd say, "PLEASE BE QUIET, WE ARE GOING TO PRAY.  MY FRIEND HERE IS NOT CATHOLIC, AND I'M TRYING TO SHOW HIM THE CHURCH."

Sure, your friend would consider the confrontation as distasteful.  But then again, the situation was already distasteful anyway, and it ended badly anyway. 

I'm tired of people's crap!
Good Answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: dysf.jpg]
(05-30-2010, 11:16 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: I'm at the point in life where I'd get vicious.  I'd say, "PLEASE BE QUIET, WE ARE GOING TO PRAY.  MY FRIEND HERE IS NOT CATHOLIC, AND I'M TRYING TO SHOW HIM THE CHURCH."

Sure, your friend would consider the confrontation as distasteful.  But then again, the situation was already distasteful anyway, and it ended badly anyway. 

I'm tired of people's crap!

I think you are probably right.  Ya know what made it so madening, is the talkers kept looking back at me and my friend.  He was reasonably dressed, but someone could see he is poor.  You wouldn't believe this, but the "talkers" didn't want a poor looking person in "their" chapel.  My friend did not look scary in any sense of the word.  Come'on, I know when there is reason to be concerned if some freak came in church and does not belong there.  These people obviously can't tell up from down.
So, some people were talking in church, and they have some kind of staring problem.  When do we get to the hypocrisy? 
(05-31-2010, 12:03 AM)HotRod Wrote: So, some people were talking in church, and they have some kind of staring problem.  When do we get to the hypocrisy? 

He forgot to mention that they had told him to not talk and stare.
(05-30-2010, 11:13 PM)yosupman Wrote: This evening, I had my parents over for dinner, and they brought a disadvantaged individual, who is not Catholic.

Oops!  :-[ I read that as saying your friend was disadvantaged as a non-Catholic. I should log out and get some sleep.
(05-31-2010, 12:05 AM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(05-31-2010, 12:03 AM)HotRod Wrote: So, some people were talking in church, and they have some kind of staring problem.  When do we get to the hypocrisy? 

He forgot to mention that they had told him to not talk and stare.

oh man, you made me wake up the baby  :laughing:
Oh man, I'm sorry...that's rough...especially if baby just fell out...you can always sing this

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33274142