Holy Father Says Old Mass Privately Says Bishop Fellay
(07-19-2010, 07:26 PM)Robert De Brus Wrote: At worst, if this is true, this means that Fellay is just mistaken. I highly doubt he would knowingly lie about such a thing. 

So either Bp Fellay is easily duped or telling lies.

To make such an incredible claim, that a the pope is saying the traditional mass, would not have been done without careful consideration. I don't think we can attribute this to a simple mistake.
One has to wonder what his motives were in saying this.
(07-19-2010, 07:51 PM)artificial person Wrote: One has to wonder what his motives in saying this.

As time goes by, I believe the Superior General is becoming increasingly eager to get an agreement with Rome. Perhaps this apparent naivety about the Pope's private masses, assuming good-will on +Fellay's part, proceeds from an overwhelming desire to rapidly achieve a regularization for the SSPX.

Perhaps His Excellency is seeing things where they aren't, or perhaps not. We can only speculate.
Quote:With the altar against the wall, the concelebrants in the private chapel end up having their backs toward the congregation during the eucharistic prayer. The congregation at the morning Mass generally is made up of the pope's valet and the consecrated women who staff the papal apartment.

I wish they would call it ad orientem or liturgical east
(07-19-2010, 11:01 PM)ketchum Wrote:
Quote:With the altar against the wall, the concelebrants in the private chapel end up having their backs toward the congregation during the eucharistic prayer. The congregation at the morning Mass generally is made up of the pope's valet and the consecrated women who staff the papal apartment.

Yeah but its modernist speak.
(07-20-2010, 01:18 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(07-19-2010, 11:01 PM)ketchum Wrote:

Yeah but its modernist speak.
silly asses
(07-16-2010, 02:52 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(07-16-2010, 02:50 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: NB: Said Italian Bishop said he'd leave the church if HF says the Immemorial publicly.

Good for him!

better for lukewarm catholic bishops to leave the flock than to have them infiltrate the church with heresies.
Wow, that traditio piece is quite a sleazy bit of writing.  My mouse feels dirty just from scrolling through it.

Facts of the matter aside, I wonder at the prudence of making a claim like this at all. 

The "Conciliar Church" (for lack of a better term) and its innovations are past their prime and showing signs of decrepitude.  The party was over hours ago, and people are starting to notice that the beer is stale and everyone needs a shower.  (I love the bit by Fr. Ripperger where he says, if the new Mass is supposed to move with the times, why is it still in the 60s, with 60s music, vestments, etc.?)  In another thread, there's a report that even the Latin Novus Ordo in the USA has dropped from Practically None to Even Fewer Than That, while the TLM grows.  Their revolution has failed and is dying, and they know it even if we don't, which is why they're becoming more shrill and desperate.

But they still have enough numbers and power to do a lot of mischief on their way out, and they'd love to do anything that'll keep the SSPX on the sidelines.  Is it smart to poke them and get them stirred up?  If the pope has been saying a private TLM sometimes, will it be helpful if he has to stop doing that to mollify his cardinals?  Bishop Fellay had to know that someone would run immediately to the Vatican and put Pope Benedict on the spot, where he'd have to admit it and anger one crowd, or deny it and make the SSPX look like troublemakers.

I love the Society for saving the Mass and traditions, and if any saints are canonized out of the mess of the last 50 years, they should probably come from there.  But when it comes to PR, sometimes I think they need a good handler as much as the Vatican does.
(07-20-2010, 10:07 AM)Mhoram Wrote: Wow, that traditio piece is quite a sleazy bit of writing.  My mouse feels dirty just from scrolling through it.

XD
(07-20-2010, 10:07 AM)Mhoram Wrote: The "Conciliar Church" (for lack of a better term) and its innovations are past their prime and showing signs of decrepitude.  The party was over hours ago, and people are starting to notice that the beer is stale and everyone needs a shower.  (I love the bit by Fr. Ripperger where he says, if the new Mass is supposed to move with the times, why is it still in the 60s, with 60s music, vestments, etc.?)  In another thread, there's a report that even the Latin Novus Ordo in the USA has dropped from Practically None to Even Fewer Than That, while the TLM grows.  Their revolution has failed and is dying, and they know it even if we don't, which is why they're becoming more shrill and desperate.

Couldn't have said it better, myself.
(07-20-2010, 04:10 PM)JesusFreak84 Wrote:
(07-20-2010, 10:07 AM)Mhoram Wrote: Wow, that traditio piece is quite a sleazy bit of writing.  My mouse feels dirty just from scrolling through it.

XD

"Sleazy"?! is that the best you can come up with?  You find out that you're being bamboozled by Bp Fellay and you attack the messenger as being "sleazy."

Sleazy is telling tall tales about the Pope saying the TLM to sincere Catholics.

Tradiio on the mark as usual.