I just have to gush :) Solemn High Mass in Louisville, KY
I got back earlier today from a Solemn High Mass celebrated in Louisville, KY, at St. Martin...  :)  It was well worth the 1.5 hour drive!  Oh...  words cannot...  the choir was so good!  The church is so lovely!  (I also got to see the mortal remains of Sts. Magnus and Bonosa). 

I feel as though my soul could bear any temptation!  :)  Oh how sweet the Solemn High Mass is!

For the restoration of the Traditional Latin Mass! 

http://andrewklusman.wordpress.com/st-ma...sville-ky/
Pictures of the church, taken after Mass.
Yeah. It’s good to be yourself. Same with you, I will try to do something. So I support your decision!
(08-15-2010, 09:12 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I feel as though my soul could bear any temptation!  :)  Oh how sweet the Solemn High Mass is!

I know exactly how you feel sometimes
(08-15-2010, 09:38 PM)ketchum Wrote:
(08-15-2010, 09:12 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I feel as though my soul could bear any temptation!  :)  Oh how sweet the Solemn High Mass is!

Ditto.

If only that spirit never faded at all before next week. :)
I've been there many times, CC. I always visit there when I visit home. They used to roll the "port-an-altar" to the side for Mass, but I'm sure someone complained.
(08-15-2010, 09:38 PM)ketchum Wrote:

"The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
(08-16-2010, 11:05 AM)Lee Timmer Wrote: I've been there many times, CC. I always visit there when I visit home. They used to roll the "port-an-altar" to the side for Mass, but I'm sure someone complained.

Really?  That sucks.  It was definitely in the way this week.

Although, I will give them props for designing a NICE LOOKING table altar. 
What an absolutely beautiful church! ü

All this high praise for the TLM makes me so excited for the end of this week; I will be going to Saskatoon (a 2 hour drive) for a vacation with my parents and will be going to my first TLM (diocesan) on Friday and my second on Sunday! Then, from September on, I will be able to make it to a monthly TLM, thanks to an SSPX chapel in a nearby city! :D
I was there also - awesome!!! That is my home church so i guess i'm spoiled...
Our pastor was the Deacon and the sub-deacon was a last year Deacon in seminary. It is good to know we have some Latin lovers in NO Seminary now.
(08-16-2010, 06:33 PM)Edward Wrote: I was there also - awesome!!! That is my home church so i guess i'm spoiled...
Our pastor was the Deacon and the sub-deacon was a last year Deacon in seminary. It is good to know we have some Latin lovers in NO Seminary now.

Agreed!  :)  I was surprised to hear he was in NO seminary!  :)