Poll: Would you support a new Inquisition?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A New Inquisition?
(10-28-2010, 01:17 AM)Joshua Wrote:
Credo Wrote:As Christohper Hitchens has said, religion makes morally normal people think unspeakable things. Though I do still monitor FishEaters, this soon will be ending. Judging by the above comment, people are not content to merely mock and belittle current posters, but also those who have left. “See how they love one another,” indeed.

Wow. Credo must have gone back and deleted this post as I can't seem to find it on this thread.

If you did in fact write that, Credo, then you are are surely lost, friend. Are you still a Catholic?

:pray:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33345795
It be there.
Phew! Then he's not lost after all, and neither is his post.  ::)
(10-28-2010, 01:44 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Phew! Then he's not lost after all, and neither is his post.  ::)

I missed that post for some reason, but I believe something may be a bit awry with Credo. He has allowed an internet forum to accomplish the following:

- Embarrassed to be Christian
- Disgusted with Catholicism
- Adheres to Hitchens' notion that religion inspires moral men to commit atrocities.

I pray it's simply melodramatics and histrionics but I just don't know. Credo can hate each and every member of Fisheaters, hack and destroy the site and send viruses to all of our e-mails and I wouldn't be nearly as concerned as I am about the above three comments ... none of which a Catholic should say with such little compunction.
(10-28-2010, 01:59 AM)Joshua Wrote: I missed that post for some reason, but I believe something may be a bit awry with Credo. He has allowed an internet forum to accomplish the following:

- Adheres to Hitchens' notion that religion inspires moral men to commit atrocities.

I pray it's simply melodramatics and histrionics but I just don't know. Credo can hate each and every member of Fisheaters, hack and destroy the site and send viruses to all of our e-mails and I wouldn't be nearly as concerned as I am about the above three comments ... none of which a Catholic should say with such little compunction.

I see things here which leave me feeling embarrassed and disgusted and questioning being a trad or even a Catholic.  The feeling doesn't last but I experience that initial sense of revulsion.
(10-28-2010, 08:43 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(10-28-2010, 01:59 AM)Joshua Wrote: I missed that post for some reason, but I believe something may be a bit awry with Credo. He has allowed an internet forum to accomplish the following:

I see things here which leave me feeling embarrassed and disgusted and questioning being a trad or even a Catholic.  The feeling doesn't last but I experience that initial sense of revulsion.

I've never experienced not wanting to be a catholic, per se. I've definitely experienced disgust at the thought of being in the same Church as certain types of people.
(10-28-2010, 09:05 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote:
(10-28-2010, 08:43 AM)JayneK Wrote: I see things here which leave me feeling embarrassed and disgusted and questioning being a trad or even a Catholic.  The feeling doesn't last but I experience that initial sense of revulsion.

I've never experienced not wanting to be a catholic, per se. I've definitely experienced disgust at the thought of being in the same Church as certain types of people.

Yes.  That is a good way to express it.
(10-28-2010, 08:43 AM)JayneK Wrote:

So do I, but really only from a few.  I lurk mostly, with some bursts of posts, and there's one poster in particular who behaves consistently an anal sphincter, and a self-righteous one at that.  But the one rotten fish can make the whole barrel stink, and  that's what some people notice.  They don't notice that the majority of posters are good people who may sometimes be moody.  They notice the one consistent rotter.
CHRIST came for sick and rotten too lad
not just for those like yourself who beleaguered themselves good
sip sip
(10-28-2010, 09:23 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: CHRIST came for sick and rotten too lad
not just for those like yourself who beleaguered themselves good
sip sip

I can't tell who you're responding to, but if it's me ... I wasn't talking about you.  It's someone else who's the consistent a-hole.  And yes, Christ came for him, too, but what I'm saying is that if he's supposed to be following Christ, he needs to stop stinking.
I think you got DK wrong...he wouldn't care if you were posting about him...it was the notion expressed.