ice cream facst
(11-12-2010, 09:32 PM)Pax et Bonum Wrote: Oh man, those are good.

You can even get Nanaimo Bar frozen yogurt (which is almost like ice cream!):

[Image: NanaimoMain.jpg]

Here it is with a scoop of Cookies N Cream, too:

[Image: ice-cream.jpg?w=440&h=330]

I bought this stuff and was actually very disappointed... didn't taste very good at all :(

Yeah because frozen yoghurt's always that reduced fat crap! :puke:
(11-12-2010, 09:45 PM)paragon Wrote: Yeah because frozen yoghurt's always that reduced fat crap! :puke:

I didn't even realize it was frozen yogurt until I got home...

All I saw was "Nanaimo Bar"  :loveeyes:
I've never had one - I'm so deprived.  :(
(11-12-2010, 09:53 PM)paragon Wrote: I've never had one - I'm so deprived.  :(

Wikipedia says they can be found in Australian coffee shops in large cities :)

They are kind of easy to make, too: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/nanaimo-ba...etail.aspx
Nup, never seen one, unless they're called something else.  Every country seems to have its own national slice.  In New Zealand it's Louise Cake and in Australia it'd have to be Snot Blocks (a.k.a. Vanilla Slice).
(11-12-2010, 08:48 PM)Vivace Wrote: My family usually makes walnut kolacky and Bozi Milosti (which is Czech for "God's grace" or something):

It's actually more like "Heavenly crust".  Now, back to your ice cream thread.
This was one of my favourite ice cream flavours when I was a kid.

[Image: pro_cvi_101.jpg]

Cherry vanilla (Haagen Dazs version pictured)
(11-12-2010, 10:17 PM)Texican Wrote: It's actually more like "Heavenly crust".  Now, back to your ice cream thread.

paragon Wrote:In New Zealand it's Louise Cake and in Australia it'd have to be Snot Blocks (a.k.a. Vanilla Slice).

What a peculiar name. Vanilla Slices are really popular here; I work in a deli/bakery and people will frequently order 100 of them for random occasions.

Aw.  :(  Oh well.  I bet you can't walk into a bakery in Canada and ask for a snot block though !!  :laughing: