Is Australia a good place for a Catholic?
(11-18-2010, 07:14 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(11-18-2010, 05:46 PM)Petertherock Wrote: If the USA becomes a police state, there isn't going to be any safe place in the world. If things are that bad in the USA...they will be much worse anywhere else. If we don't make our last stand in the USA then the world is doomed.

Exactly like it or not America is the freest place in the world. And I know people who live in other countries Australia for one.

Good Lord, okay then.

So folks!  You wanna "fight the man, eh?"  And just how do the Fisheaters intend to do that?  Good ol' Walty doesn't even believe in voting!  Probably taking his cues from David Icke.  

So, when the feds come into your whole foods organic community produce store with guns at your face, how do you intend to "make your stand?"  Because it's happened already.

Armed resistance?  The State is just waiting for folks to take to their guns against feds--that way they can put a choker around ya'll's necks and keep you on an extremely short leash!  Not going to cooperate with the TSA and refuse to fly?  What are you gonna do when gasoline is 7 dollars a gallon, and you're forced to take a bus--but first, you'll get to pass through a body scanner then, too.

Have fun fighting the man, folks.  I'm sure you'll make a big difference.  

(I do not expect everyone to get the idea to leave the country.  But many with sense and means have done so already.  If the USA goes, the world will not go.  The time of America is over [in case you haven't been watching lately.  Obama has been dancing on our grave over there in India.]  My question was simple, and not meant to transform the thread into a stay-vs-go discussion.  My question was this...how is the Catholic Church doing in Australia?)
i wouldnt go to austrlia if i moved. i think i move to godthab, greenland

[Image: Godthab.jpg]

About Godthab

The world’s smallest capital city - Greenland’s Godthab - is now better known by its Inuit name, Nuuk. It has two harbours – Colonial and the busier Atlantic – but its most popular attraction is the National Museum and Archives covering 4,500 years of Greenland history and including an unforgettable display of 500-year-old freeze-dried mummies discovered in Qilakitsoq.

There is more fascinating history to be found near the university – also the world’s smallest – with the discovery of neo-Eskimo ruins while the beautiful Our Saviours Church is a relatively modern attraction being built about 150 years ago.

The exact whereabouts of Santa Claus are the subject of some debate but this city’s residents say that he lives at 3900 Nuuk, coincidentally right next door to the tourist office by the Colonial Harbour. There is a big post box right outside for those last-minute requests from the children.

our savior church

[Image: SuperStock_1890-52776.jpg]
(11-18-2010, 07:36 PM)icecream Wrote: i wouldnt go to austrlia if i moved. i think i move to godthab, greenland

[Image: Godthab.jpg]

About Godthab

The world’s smallest capital city - Greenland’s Godthab - is now better known by its Inuit name, Nuuk. It has two harbours – Colonial and the busier Atlantic – but its most popular attraction is the National Museum and Archives covering 4,500 years of Greenland history and including an unforgettable display of 500-year-old freeze-dried mummies discovered in Qilakitsoq.

There is more fascinating history to be found near the university – also the world’s smallest – with the discovery of neo-Eskimo ruins while the beautiful Our Saviours Church is a relatively modern attraction being built about 150 years ago.

The exact whereabouts of Santa Claus are the subject of some debate but this city’s residents say that he lives at 3900 Nuuk, coincidentally right next door to the tourist office by the Colonial Harbour. There is a big post box right outside for those last-minute requests from the children.

our savior church

[Image: SuperStock_1890-52776.jpg]

Beautiful picture, but with an average temp of 34 degrees I would freeze.

(11-18-2010, 07:39 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Beautiful picture, but with an average temp of 34 degrees I would freeze.

thats understandable peter, but i prefer cold weather believe it or not

also it would be cool to live where santa claus lives!!!
(11-18-2010, 07:26 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:
(11-18-2010, 07:14 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(11-18-2010, 05:46 PM)Petertherock Wrote: If the USA becomes a police state, there isn't going to be any safe place in the world. If things are that bad in the USA...they will be much worse anywhere else. If we don't make our last stand in the USA then the world is doomed.

Exactly like it or not America is the freest place in the world. And I know people who live in other countries Australia for one.

Good Lord, okay then.

So folks!  You wanna "fight the man, eh?"  And just how do the Fisheaters intend to do that?  Good ol' Walty doesn't even believe in voting!  Probably taking his cues from David Icke.  

So, when the feds come into your whole foods organic community produce store with guns at your face, how do you intend to "make your stand?"  Because it's happened already.

Armed resistance?  The State is just waiting for folks to take to their guns against feds--that way they can put a choker around ya'll's necks and keep you on an extremely short leash!  Not going to cooperate with the TSA and refuse to fly?  What are you gonna do when gasoline is 7 dollars a gallon, and you're forced to take a bus--but first, you'll get to pass through a body scanner then, too.

Have fun fighting the man, folks.  I'm sure you'll make a big difference.  

(I do not expect everyone to get the idea to leave the country.  But many with sense and means have done so already.  If the USA goes, the world will not go.  The time of America is over [in case you haven't been watching lately.  Obama has been dancing on our grave over there in India.]  My question was simple, and not meant to transform the thread into a stay-vs-go discussion.  My question was this...how is the Catholic Church doing in Australia?)

Calm down there buddy. I was just saying it is worse everywhere else. I have a liberal friend that lived in Australia for a year and came home talking about how great it was because its so secular he said they dont even make a big deal out of Christmas(he is an atheist by the way). If your going to tuck tail and retreat go to Iceland they are rather conservative and they have the lowest immigration of muslims in the entire world.
(11-18-2010, 07:20 PM)Jitpring Wrote: As for Australia, my understanding is that it's a wasteland for genuine Catholicism. Your only hope would be to associate with the SSPX.

For sure and they are one of the worst countries when it comes to the sex abuse problem.
I don't know how true this is but one of my friends said that Australia was founded by criminals that were expelled from America. Maybe that's why liberals are attracted to Australia.  :laughing:

(11-18-2010, 08:10 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I don't know how true this is but one of my friends said that Australia was founded by criminals that were expelled from America. Maybe that's why liberals are attracted to Australia.  :laughing:

a lot of early austrlian arrived down under in chains, it is true!

not from america though, but the british isles
Australia is not the place to go. My mother's Australian, and all her family lives there. Already, things are highly regulated: no guns allowed, and the country is moving towards even further restrictions on liberty.
Stay where you are and spend the travel money on beans and bullets.  That is my advice.

God will look after you, or perhaps he will let you go out in a blaze of gunfire like the heros of the Alamo or Omaha beach.

One day they might build a statue to the fallen who stood up and write your name on it.  Who knows your photograph might end up on the gold backed money of the future.

I take it you don't have children or you would not have such a madcap idea.

Better the devil you know than the Tasmanian Devil you don't.  In the US you have neighbours and friends and a community, you know the lie of the land and can sense the way the wind blows.  In Australia you're just an "awkward, wacko bloody Yank".

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.  That is why they call it the New WORLD Order.

Maybe you could sell the farm, buy a ticket for the Virgin Spacecraft, hijack it and boldly go where no man has gone before.  That is about the only way to escape what is coming.

I'm actually rather looking forward to it, (in a sick perverse way).  I've always liked a challenge.