Poll: Will Michael Voris continue to be a "reform of the reform" guy, or will he eventually see that Vatican II is indeed a rupture?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Will Voris become a traditionalist?
It's clear that Michael Voris of realcatholictv.com has moved farther away from that council of wretched memory known as Vatican II. But as the poisonous fruits of this council continue to kill souls, will he continue to push the "reform of the reform" nonsense?

Edit: hehehe... I see that there's a problem with the poll. Answer "Yes" if you think he'll become a traditionalist. Answer "No" if you think he'll stick to the "reform of the reform" nonsense.
It's unlikely but "the Spirit breatheth where He will."
If Voris publically stated his support for the traditional movement RealCatholicTV would loose all credibility in the Novus Ordo Church. He wouldn't be able to get any bishop's support, wouldn't be able to speak at Catholic parishs (NO) or conferences and the station would therefore die out from lack of support.
I already think he is pushing the limit of what he can say and still be considered a NO Catholic. Personally I support him and the station through a subscription and think he is doing a good job of waking up slumbering NO Catholics. Perhaps he doesn't himself need to publically stake sides on the issue. Though from everything I heard him say, he does not support the SSPX and calls them schismatic. But anyway, I do still think he is doing a great job and will one day, probably privately, become a TLM attending Catholic,, if he isn't already.
Which begs the question, what does it mean to be a traditionalist? Voris certainly talks like a trad, at least. How do you know he isn't one? What disqualifies him?

Here is what this website says:
Fish Eaters Wrote:A "traditional Catholic" (or "traditionalist Catholic") is a Catholic who recognizes the above errors in the presentation of Catholic teaching, who sees unwise pastoral decisions for what they are, and who does all in his power to preserve the Holy Faith in a manner consistent with how it has always been understood, and to preserve all of the liturgical rites and customs of the Church as they were before the "spirit of Vatican II" revolution. Traditionalists are not some "branch of the Church," or (necessarily) some "splinter group"; they are usually and quite simply Catholics to whom the adjective "traditional" applies.

Traditional Catholics fall into three main categories:

1. The first and by far the largest group consists of those Catholics who accept the acclaimed Pope and his recent predecessors as true Popes and who believe that the Second Vatican Council was a valid, albeit problematic, Council.

Wouldn't Voris fall into this first category?
(02-12-2011, 10:23 PM)m.PR Wrote: Which begs the question, what does it mean to be a traditionalist? Voris certainly talks like a trad, at least. How do you know he isn't one? What disqualifies him?

Here is what this website says:
Fish Eaters Wrote:A "traditional Catholic" (or "traditionalist Catholic") is a Catholic who recognizes the above errors in the presentation of Catholic teaching, who sees unwise pastoral decisions for what they are, and who does all in his power to preserve the Holy Faith in a manner consistent with how it has always been understood, and to preserve all of the liturgical rites and customs of the Church as they were before the "spirit of Vatican II" revolution. Traditionalists are not some "branch of the Church," or (necessarily) some "splinter group"; they are usually and quite simply Catholics to whom the adjective "traditional" applies.

Traditional Catholics fall into three main categories:

1. The first and by far the largest group consists of those Catholics who accept the acclaimed Pope and his recent predecessors as true Popes and who believe that the Second Vatican Council was a valid, albeit problematic, Council.

Wouldn't Voris fall into this first category?

Unfortunately, one can't "do all in his power to preserve the Holy Faith in a manner consistent with how it has always been understood" and simultaneously support the Vatican II cult of novelty. The two are mutually exclusive. A traditionalist is bound to reject the innovations of Vatican II; and not just the "spirit" of Vatican II, but the documents themselves which give license to that "spirit." As you know, it's a huge topic. More here:

http://www.sspx.org/SSPX_FAQs/q6_vaticanII.htm
Well then. I voted No.
I fall in to that category with added thing to it. Just because I accept the council does not mean that I would not like to see it suppressed.