There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
Fr. (now Bishop) Neal Buckon and me (left, behind lecturn) in Confirmation Mass, Baghdad, Iraq, November 2003. 

[Image: FrBuckonandme.jpg]
With Iraqi Priest of the Chaldean Rite in Bagdad, 2003.  I had the privilege of worshiping several times with the Iraqi Catholics who still employ Aramaic (the colloquial language of Christ) in their sacred liturgies.  They sing the rosary and the vespers every night.  Quite a story there.  Father Elyas Firas (pictured) was by far the kindest man I ever met (d. 2005+).

[Image: irapipriest001.jpg]

With Fr. (now Bishop) Warda Bashar, Redemptorist Fathers, holding a 13th century Chaldean manuscript of the Gospel of Mark.  May be the one of the oldest existing original manuscripts of a Gospel.
[Image: FrBashar13thcentmanuscript.jpg]
Wow DK would love to see that book
(02-24-2011, 08:06 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: Wow DK would love to see that book

I held it.  It was surreal - in combat, in a monastery, with a GREAT and intrepid Priest suffering intense persecution, and holding one of the oldest manuscripts on earth written in Aramaic!!!!  Talk about Tradition!  Bless the Lord, O my soul!
(02-24-2011, 05:13 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-24-2011, 02:56 AM)Catholic Johnny Wrote: BTW, I only said you were influenced by Modernism on this one issue.   ;)

Fair enough.  And, I'm glad you're a Catholic. :)

You were subverted subliminally, not your fault, Quis.
Quote:Confirmed by Cdl. Joseph Bernardin according to the new form. 
  I feel ya, bro!  :laughing:
This may sock some folks but not all priest are straight . How ever  I have known straights  who had run off with  the Parrish this or that. In my own  Parrish .  Last few years  the new pastor  who replace the old pastor  who has  of accused wrong doing 35 or 40 years ago and never been convicted of anything but trying to deal with his personal demons. The new pastor is as gay as a goose. He  float s  in,  telling everyone goes to heaven and Jesus loves everyone no matter . He payed  a  visit  one day and told me his friends who he  travels  with, that he snores. Who care s and I never would ask  anyone , that kind of question about his sleeping bad habits, O course  many in his N.O. parish love him, he so modern, he so wonderful, he just one of the people, just like us.  While our old pastor even thought N.O.  Was old fashion, mean  and evil.  In traditional circles
THERE ARE GAY PRIEST TOO.  If anyone is inclined to  having same sex attraction and  keeps his  vows,  an carries his cross they are in my prayers. THE ROMAN CLERY ARE THEY FAITHFULS CROSS.!
(02-24-2011, 07:44 AM)Catholic Johnny Wrote: Fr. (now Bishop) Neal Buckon and me (left, behind lecturn) in Confirmation Mass, Baghdad, Iraq, November 2003. 

[Image: FrBuckonandme.jpg]
Im not sure (well actually im pretty sure they dont ) that guitars belong at the mass even in a war zone.
(02-24-2011, 04:01 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: Im not sure (well actually im pretty sure they dont ) that guitars belong at the mass even in a war zone.

Well dear brother, it was all we had - that or nothing.  Most Masses are short, hasty gatherings away from sniper fire or enemy observation.  I myself do not prefer guitars in the Mass but the faithful were happy to have someone lead them in singing the Gloria, Agnus Dei, etc... Be careful about criticizing the humble attempts of the faithful under the extremely stressful conditions of combat, especially as we were surrounded by a sea of Islam.  We did the best we could with what we had at the time.
(02-24-2011, 07:01 PM)Catholic Johnny Wrote:
(02-24-2011, 04:01 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: Im not sure (well actually im pretty sure they dont ) that guitars belong at the mass even in a war zone.

Well dear brother, it was all we had - that or nothing.  Most Masses are short, hasty gatherings away from sniper fire or enemy observation.  I myself do not prefer guitars in the Mass but the faithful were happy to have someone lead them in singing the Gloria, Agnus Dei, etc... Be careful about criticizing the humble attempts of the faithful under the extremely stressful conditions of combat, especially as we were surrounded by a sea of Islam.  We did the best we could with what we had at the time.
Musical instruments are not a requirement for a blessed and holy Mass. The stress of war not withstanding. Remember we are trads and guitars are one of the bugaboos. You must understand that. Dont take it hard your just beginning. Your a strong and solid catholic, a better man then me, but the Mass should be solemn holy and other worldly. A profane instrument has no place there.
We can discuss it in another thread.
(02-24-2011, 03:44 PM)JCCMADD Wrote: This may sock some folks but not all priest are straight . How ever  I have known straights  who had run off with  the Parrish this or that. In my own  Parrish .  Last few years  the new pastor  who replace the old pastor  who has  of accused wrong doing 35 or 40 years ago and never been convicted of anything but trying to deal with his personal demons. The new pastor is as gay as a goose. He  float s  in,  telling everyone goes to heaven and Jesus loves everyone no matter . He payed  a  visit  one day and told me his friends who he  travels  with, that he snores. Who care s and I never would ask  anyone , that kind of question about his sleeping bad habits, O course  many in his N.O. parish love him, he so modern, he so wonderful, he just one of the people, just like us.  While our old pastor even thought N.O.  Was old fashion, mean  and evil.   In traditional circles
THERE ARE GAY PRIEST TOO.  If anyone is inclined to  having same sex attraction and  keeps his  vows,  an carries his cross they are in my prayers. THE ROMAN CLERY ARE THEY FAITHFULS CROSS.!

Unfortunately, this is what it has come down to.  There are so many sodomitic priests and priests who have flings, affairs or even leave their vows, that a faithful Catholic will "settle" for a sodomite priest as long as he is not "practicing" the depravity.  Dear God in heaven, how did it come to this!!!!!!