Some liturgical pro TLM humor
Maybe I'm obtuse, but I don't get it. ???
Come on, Quis, clearly anyone who attends an NO Mass is a Satan-worshipping pagan.

I think this cartoon is a bit much, to say the least...  The point about liturgical abuse could be made effectively (I'd say more effectively) without basically calling NOers Satanists.  The NO community as a whole may be extremely misguided and have severe issues, but come on...
(03-12-2011, 11:06 AM)3Sanctus Wrote: Come on, Quis, clearly anyone who attends an NO Mass is a Satan-worshipping pagan.

I think this cartoon is a bit much, to say the least...  The point about liturgical abuse could be made effectively (I'd say more effectively) without basically calling NOers Satanists.  The NO community as a whole may be extremely misguided and have severe issues, but come on...

I don't think the cartoon equates NO to satanism.  Rather, it is saying that going from TLM to NO could may have begun a slippery slope.
(03-12-2011, 11:17 PM)Neoinarien Wrote:
(03-12-2011, 11:06 AM)3Sanctus Wrote: Come on, Quis, clearly anyone who attends an NO Mass is a Satan-worshipping pagan.

I don't think the cartoon equates NO to satanism.  Rather, it is saying that going from TLM to NO could may have begun a slippery slope.

The figure in the middle of the picture seems to relate the NO to Baphomet worship.  It seems to be saying that the slippery slope of NO leads to Baphomet worship, which I'd say comes pretty close to being equated with Satanism.

I'm sure reasonable people could disagree with me, but I stand by my statements.  That said, obviously part of the post I made earlier was just a joke.

+ 1 obviously
I might be really dense, but I still don't get it.  Sincerely.

It's obviously a depiction of a Witch's Sabbath.  Then it seems to say the GIRM should be followed because if you don't, this is what will eventually happen.  Doesn't seem like an attack on the NO as a whole...

I'm all confuzzled.  It's not a big deal me being confuzzled, but if someone wants to explain it to me, I'll listen.
(03-12-2011, 11:17 PM)Neoinarien Wrote:

See, I don't see that either.  I see ignoring the GIRM can end up having the equivalent of a Satanic service.  ???

I should probably stick with X-Men comic books....
(03-13-2011, 02:30 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I should probably stick with X-Men comic books....

Haha, ditto!  :laughing:
(03-13-2011, 11:23 AM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(03-13-2011, 02:30 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I should probably stick with X-Men comic books....

Haha, ditto!   :laughing:

[Image: uncanny-x-men-415-nightcrawler-questions-god-1-50k.jpg]
What comical literature is this, Bak?