Father Corapi Exonerated?
I miss listening to Fr. Corapi's weeknight program on EWTN, which is informative, edifying, and illustrates proper Catholic teaching.

It's good to see that some background info on the accuser is being provided by Santa Cruz Media. IMO, Fr. Corapi is not likely to be guilty of the accusations. However, the change in his appearance is disturbing, to say the least. He has also been putting more emphasis on the "spiritual battle" theme; maybe that's a good thing, but I don't know.

Even if he is found innocent, this situation may be a good thing, in the long run, as it is allowing Father to take pause and reflection. As Fr. Corapi himself has pointed out many times: God allows bad things to happen so as to bring a greater good from it.
I think one thing that points to his innocence is the MSM hasn't made this front page news. You know the huffing and puffington post as well as the rest of the MSM would gladly print this story to destroy another priest if there was any merit to these allegations.
(03-26-2011, 12:21 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I think one thing that points to his innocence is the MSM hasn't made this front page news. You know the huffing and puffington post as well as the rest of the MSM would gladly print this story to destroy another priest if there was any merit to these allegations.
It made the front page on the website here of the major newspaper, but probably was due in part to the other scandal story i posted about the pedophile priests and the fact that father is more or less a local product being raised about a half an hour south of here.

But I have to admit the liberal rag of a news paper here relishes in these Catholic church abuse scandals as front page news consistently.
(03-26-2011, 11:00 AM)tradne4163 Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 03:58 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 12:52 AM)tradne4163 Wrote: I can't help but smile as I read the article. It's good to know that Santa Cruz has defended Father Corapi.

I think the only thing they publish is his stuff.  It's probably a business front for his evangelical materials.  Nothing shifty about that at all - it's how business is done.  My point is that if it's in effect his publishing house, they wouldn't do anything but defend him.
Perhaps you misunderstood. I am actually happy that Father Corapi was being backed up. A lot of times a business tends to throw a person under the bus when he or she is in this kind of situation.

No, I understood, but I'm sorry if I made it confusing for others.  My apologies.

I was just pointing out that they have a vested interest in backing him up - it's the cynic in me; I don't trust much beyond Christ in this world.  I agree with you this is a good thing - as I said in another post, I think EWTN did the wrong thing (but at least they are consistent).
Quote:I don't trust much beyond Christ in this world.

Neither do I.  Don't you find that sad?  I do.
(03-26-2011, 02:16 PM)Lavalliere Wrote:
Quote:I don't trust much beyond Christ in this world.

Neither do I.  Don't you find that sad?  I do.

Sad, but not surprising.  When an Apostle betrays the Lord, it will be that much easier for our brothers and sisters to betray us.  We should forgive them, but be on our guard.