Beautiful churches
(03-13-2011, 02:44 PM)ImmacHrt Wrote: Wanted to share a picture of our church here in northern NY that is now unfortunately closed due to our priest passing away and not having another priest available. It certainly in all of our opinions is one of the most beautiful churches in the diocese. I am working on taking pictures of all the artwork, stained glass and other features of this church if anyone would like to see more just let me know. It may take me a week or so to reply though as I have given up everything online but a quick check of my e-mail as one of my Lenten sacrifices.

Immaculate Heart of Mary in Churubusco, NY

[Image: rw2ic6.jpg]

you forgot your opening [ there.  :)
(01-11-2011, 09:31 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(01-11-2011, 08:19 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Unfortunately, the current Cardinal Patriarch has clear modernist tendencies. He hates the TLM and has practically forbidden it in the Lisbon diocese.

The next in line to succeed him is even worse.

:(

Maybe you'll get lucky.  We had Abp. Weakland, and now we have Abp. Listecki, who is kinda trad-friendly.

Hi CollegeCatholic.  I've read that Rembert Weakland's retirement was overshadowed by revelations that he paid $450,000 of diocesan funds to a man who had been his lover to fend off a threatened lawsuit.  I've also read that since his retirement Weakland has come out as queer and is making money selling nasty books.  Seeing he is making money selling nasty books I have wondered why the Milwaukee congregation has not tried to sue Weakland to recover the $450,000 that he stole from them.  Any thoughts on this?
(03-13-2011, 03:56 PM)mikemac Wrote:
(01-11-2011, 09:31 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(01-11-2011, 08:19 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Unfortunately, the current Cardinal Patriarch has clear modernist tendencies. He hates the TLM and has practically forbidden it in the Lisbon diocese.

The next in line to succeed him is even worse.

:(

Maybe you'll get lucky.  We had Abp. Weakland, and now we have Abp. Listecki, who is kinda trad-friendly.

Hi CollegeCatholic.  I've read that Rembert Weakland's retirement was overshadowed by revelations that he paid $450,000 of diocesan funds to a man who had been his lover to fend off a threatened lawsuit.  I've also read that since his retirement Weakland has come out as queer and is making money selling nasty books.  Seeing he is making money selling nasty books I have wondered why the Milwaukee congregation has not tried to sue Weakland to recover the $450,000 that he stole from them.  Any thoughts on this?

He ended up repaying the archdiocese immediately or soon thereafter.

I want him to take his book revenues and restore the cathedral to before that **** destroyed it.
Oh that's good CC.  Thanks.  That would be good use of his book revenues.
The church I attend. Mater Dei Community at St Lawrence Church (FSSP apostolate) Harrisburg, PA Not a personal Parish yet but hoping soon. [Image: 5407722856_08b04972a1.jpg]
[Image: 5407720424_296b34295b.jpg]
[Image: 5407722036_1c1b8c1681.jpg]
The Beautiful polychrome ceiling, The church was built in French Gothic
[Image: StLawrenceAngle.jpg]
The beautiful restored Felgemaker organ with stenciled pipes, hiden for years by split pea paint.
[Image: 5407109627_b410545398.jpg]
Apostles and evangelists hanging out in the windows with St Lawrence, Stephen and crew hanging out in the reredos.

Wow! That's beautiful!  :)
check out my photos of churches around the area many very good ones in fort wayne over 100 years old, as well as some photos of other historical buildings and photos from a few anime conventions.

look for st peters in fort wayne indiana, and the cathedral of the imaculet conception, my home parish is st joes which has many detailed photos taken during holy thursday after the altar is bare.
Iowa. Who knew?

[Image: christmas.jpg]

[Image: inside.jpg]

[Image: marysalter.jpg]
Who knew, indeed. Thank you for your contribution.
(03-31-2011, 11:20 AM)SaraLucille Wrote: Iowa. Who knew?

Me.  lolololol

I visited there with my girlfriend.  Super pretty church.