Why not to go to Steubenville
Again, so much for reform-of-the-reform

I don't have the patience to watch the whole thing, but is this during Mass??
(04-09-2011, 07:00 PM)Penelope Wrote: I don't have the patience to watch the whole thing, but is this during Mass??

No, no.  It is some kind of youth praise group or something.  Not during Mass.
(04-09-2011, 07:28 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-09-2011, 07:00 PM)Penelope Wrote: I don't have the patience to watch the whole thing, but is this during Mass??

Somehow, the modernists always assume that "youth" means "deranged."
(04-09-2011, 07:33 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(04-09-2011, 07:28 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

Somehow, the modernists always assume that "youth" means "deranged."

Yeah, it goes past that.  It's like they take it upon themselves to promote deranged behavior instead of discouraging it.  :pazzo:
and they wonder why the youth don't take the church seriously
(04-09-2011, 07:47 PM)Edward Wrote: and they wonder why the youth don't take the church seriously

No, I don't think they care.
No, this is what they wished the church was when they were young.  So they ASSume that's what everyone else wants.  ::)
The only thing missing here is Father Stan Fortuna.
(04-09-2011, 06:56 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Again, so much for reform-of-the-reform

From what I've heard, there is a healthy and growing traditional subculture at Steubenville. Many of the students are quite reverent at mass on campus, and the charismaticism is primarily relegated to the graying faculty. Many students went off campus for the TLM in Steubenville and Pittsburgh over the years, though now there are TLMs on campus occasionally (once a month?)

From their chapel bulletin:

Quote:Latin Extraordinary Form – Low Mass

The Latin Extraordinary Form Low Mass will be held on Saturday, April 9th, at 12 Noon in Christ the King Chapel.
Latin Extraordinary Form - High Mass

The Latin Extraordinary Form High Mass will be held on Sunday, May 1st, at 4:00 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel.

Novus Ordo Latin Mass

The Latin Ordinary Form Novus Ordo Mass will be held on Tuesday, April 26th at 4:45 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel.

Solemn Vespers

Solemn Vespers and Benediction will be held this evening Sunday, April 3rd at 7:00 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel.

That said, though we're equidistant from both FSU and Christendom, if we can afford it my children will be going to the latter.