Major Schism in U.S. Catholic Church Underway
Even their name is an oxymoron.  American (national) Catholic (universal) Church (I thought the same for the name of  the New American Bible).

Quotes by Hans Küng
Quote:"If you cannot see that divinity includes male and female characteristics and at the same time transcends them, you have bad consequences. Rome and Cardinal O'Connor base the exclusion of women priests on the idea that God is the Father and Jesus is His Son, there were only male disciples, etc. They are defending a patriarchal Church with a patriarchal God. We must fight the patriarchal misunderstanding of God." — Newsweek interview, July 8, 1991
Quote:"Everyone agrees the celibacy rule is just a Church law dating from the 11th century, not a divine command." — Newsweek interview, July 8, 1991
Quote:"The same church must, in my opinion, also respect that the one whose name is absent from the same declaration out of embarrassment, although he and he alone led Muslims to pray to this one God, so that once again through him, Muhammad, the prophet, this God 'has spoken to mankind." — World Religions 129
Quote:"The Pope would have an easier job than the President of the United States in adopting a change of course. He has no Congress alongside him as a legislative body nor a Supreme Court as a judiciary. He is absolute head of government, legislator and supreme judge in the church. If he wanted to, he could authorize contraception over night, permit the marriage of priests, make possible the ordination of women and allow eucharistic fellowship with this Protestant churches. What would a Pope do who acted in the spirit of Obama?"

It's time to hand deliver the excommunications this time.  That nut Hans Küng should have been excommunicated long ago.  With them all together in Detroit it should make it easy to get rid of them all in one fail swoop.  Yep the sooner the better.  
(04-10-2011, 12:38 AM)Genius Wrote: That is quite a picture. I recognize Rahner. Who is the man on the far right?

Apparently Martin Bialas, but I don't know much about him.
http://www.dioceseofscranton.org/2011/04...ael-voris/

Apparently, Voris is being . . . [banned from] Scranton's diocese, for actually preaching the orthodox Catholic faith! God forbid, he should actually follow the orthodox and traditional teachings of the Holy Roman Church; teaching them as they really are: obligatory!  :o
(04-09-2011, 08:53 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The sooner, the better.

Let white be white and black be black.

Though we are of two different minds in many things and approaches to the heresy of our day, I think this is one thing we have always agreed. I much rather see an open schism than the phantom one that is occurring today. If anything this would be the perfect solution to the so called collegiality that seems to infect so many of the minds of the old trendy set of Bishops.

Let them separate them selves from Holy Mother Church and let them meet their brother Bishop Cramner in hell.
I, too, agree.  The sooner the schism happens, the better the Church will be in the long run, IMHO.  I can't tell you how many Catholics I know who abstain from meat on Fridays yet skip Mass on Sundays.  It's such a sad time in which we live....I blame technology.
(04-10-2011, 03:04 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: I, too, agree.  The sooner the schism happens, the better the Church will be in the long run, IMHO.  I can't tell you how many Catholics I know who abstain from meat on Fridays yet skip Mass on Sundays.  It's such a sad time in which we live....I blame technology.

You should not blame technology its like blaming TV its a cop out. Those are just tools we are the ones that gives them purpose.
(04-10-2011, 01:02 AM)Pheo Wrote:
(04-10-2011, 12:38 AM)Genius Wrote: That is quite a picture. I recognize Rahner. Who is the man on the far right?

Apparently Martin Bialas, but I don't know much about him.

Hmmm, I too have not heard of him. I just Googled him but didn't find anything.

You think he's hiding?
(04-10-2011, 03:04 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: I, too, agree.  The sooner the schism happens, the better the Church will be in the long run, IMHO.  I can't tell you how many Catholics I know who abstain from meat on Fridays yet skip Mass on Sundays.  It's such a sad time in which we live....I blame technology.

Hmm.  Folks looking forward to a schism.

But then, when the schism occurred in England with the Anglicans, wasn't there then the formation of an Orange Party that was stongly anti-Catholic, which led to persections and martyrs?  (Honest question.  Don't know much about the English Orange Party--if that's what it's even called.)

Come to think of it, this whole story reminds me of when, last year, I discovered this weird entity called the Liberal Catholic Church, which we briefly touched on:  http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...324.0.html
(04-09-2011, 10:33 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: Funny, I thought there was already a schism between legitimate Roman Catholics and those who profess to be.  It was started about 50 years ago by some radical theologians.

Same here.
(04-09-2011, 08:53 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The sooner, the better.

Let white be white and black be black.

Amen. I'm not counting on this happening, but if it does, it will help separate the wheat from the chaff.