Liturgical Abuses Encouraged by John Paul II says Former Master of Ceremonies
Liturgical Abuses Encouraged by John Paul II says Former Master of Ceremonies
He Encouraged it Himself

The beatified John Paul II could be named as the patron Saint of liturgical abuses.

(kreuz.net, Vatikan) The beatified John Paul II († 2005) had expressly desired the abuses which were celebrated before him in Pontifical Offices.

This is what the organizer of the abuses and many years Master of Ceremonies, Archbishop Piero Marini (69) wrote in his new book, "IO sono un Papa amabile. Gioanni Paolo II" -- "I am a loveable Pope. John Paul II."

Paolo Rodari reported this on May 7. on his [often excellent] website 'Palazzo Apostolico'

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2011...-john.html

edit: forgot the verb  :P :P
This explains things nicely...

[Image: williamsonvenn.jpg]

It explains things nicely if you don't mind rejecting traditional Catholic ecclesiology.  Anyhow, what we have is an accusation from a witness whom I have never heard good things about against a man who is dead and cannot defend himself.  I would need quite a bit more evidence than this before concluding it was true.
(05-11-2011, 02:05 PM)JayneK Wrote: It explains things nicely if you don't mind rejecting traditional Catholic ecclesiology.  Anyhow, what we have is an accusation from a witness whom I have never heard good things about against a man who is dead and cannot defend himself.  I would need quite a bit more evidence than this before concluding it was true.

Indeed.
(05-11-2011, 02:05 PM)JayneK Wrote: It explains things nicely if you don't mind rejecting traditional Catholic ecclesiology.  Anyhow, what we have is an accusation from a witness whom I have never heard good things about against a man who is dead and cannot defend himself.  I would need quite a bit more evidence than this before concluding it was true.

Yes ... if you are tempted to accept these statements because of negative feelings about JPII ... hold on.  If you don't like JPII because of his approach to liturgy (among other things) you really, really should think twice before trusting anything Piero Marini said.

I myself do not trust anything Piero Marini would write.  He is being marginalized, was fired as papal MC because of his shenanigans, and he should just recede into a corner and leave the public spotlight.
(05-11-2011, 02:08 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:

Yes ... if you are tempted to accept these statements because of negative feelings about JPII ... hold on.  If you don't like JPII because of his approach to liturgy (among other things) you really, really should think twice before trusting anything Piero Marini said.

I myself do not trust anything Piero Marini would write.  He is being marginalized, was fired as papal MC because of his shenanigans, and he should just recede into a corner and leave the public spotlight.

You and Jayne are of the same mind I think.

Well, we know that JPII allowed and supported many abuses...Communion in the paw, altar girls, homosexual priests and Bishops, covered up homosexual abusers instead of turn them over to the proper authorities, etc.

The picture I posted doesn't reject anything...it very nicely explains why the SSPX and those who support the SSPX are not sedes...we believe the Pope is the Pope of both the new church and the Catholic Church. It doesn't take much a brain to see that the Conciliar Church is a new church indeed. The New "Mass" is more protestant than it is Catholic.

(05-11-2011, 02:13 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Well, we know that JPII allowed and supported many abuses...Communion in the paw, altar girls, homosexual priests and Bishops, covered up homosexual abusers instead of turn them over to the proper authorities, etc.

The picture I posted doesn't reject anything...it very nicely explains why the SSPX and those who support the SSPX are not sedes...we believe the Pope is the Pope of both the new church and the Catholic Church. It doesn't take much a brain to see that the Conciliar Church is a new church indeed. The New "Mass" is more protestant than it is Catholic.

Read my sig.
The Liturgical Abuse went on for a long time with no abatement.  It would be hard to imagine that things aren't as +Marini described, however much a scoundrel he tends to be.
The liturgical abuses can be adequately explained by positing that John Paul II was a weak pope who did not keep proper control of things.  There is no reason to assume, merely from the existence of the abuses, that he encouraged them.  Personally, I think that there is better support for an argument that he was a weak pope.