Jimmy Akin has CORAPI All Figured Out!
Dig the slander from Battlestar Gallactica Boy...

http://www.ncregister.com/new-informatio...ation.html
Hey, no need to bash Battlestar Galactica.

It's open season on Akin and his ilk, though.
Akin, Deacon Greg Kandra, Shea... all of the NeoCatholics predictably are knifing their once-oft hero.

[Image: caesar_death1.jpg]

Akin's screed is not worth circulating.  Tragically, it will turn minds against Father Corapi.  Yet again, NeoCatholics side with the Bishops.  How cozy is it to nestle up to a bunch of deviants persecuting the good Priests in hopes of hawking a few more books and tracts?
I'm inclined to think that Fr. Corapi was probably sleeping with some lady, but I think that Jimmy Akin has been a huge, self-righteous douche about the whole thing.
I'm not sure what's so wrong with Akin's assessment.

Then again, I actually like Akin and have learned a lot from him even when we disagree.

I bristle at seeing him put in the same category as Deacon Greg Kandra, who loves to post seriously heretical stuff on his blog without any comment, neither supporting or critiquing it but just ... putting it out there as if it's neutral.
I used to read his blog regularly but stopped after he painted  all TLM goers with the nutter brush. Same with Mark Shea. (and this was before I found the FE forum).

(06-23-2011, 01:51 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: I'm inclined to think that Fr. Corapi was probably sleeping with some lady, but I think that Jimmy Akin has been a huge, self-righteous douche about the whole thing.

Yeah, baby!

(06-23-2011, 01:51 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: I'm inclined to think that Fr. Corapi was probably sleeping with some lady, but I think that Jimmy Akin has been a huge, self-righteous douche about the whole thing.

Why would you say something like this?
(06-23-2011, 08:54 AM)Spooky Wrote: I used to read his blog regularly but stopped after he painted  all TLM goers with the nutter brush. Same with Mark Shea. (and this was before I found the FE forum).

Maybe I am being too nice to AKin (meaning ignoring his faults) but I think he has evolved in this area.  But anyway, I still find some of his posts extremely useful: he's very well read, really has a command of ancient languages, and often dissects things in a sober way.  Even if he has made anti-trad observations in the past, I don't think he's an agenda-driven rabid liberal.  I can't help it, I still like him.

Mark Shea ... I actually had some personal contact with him and am indebted to his kindness.  But, his blog is not measured/sober at all, and I can't really stand it :-).
(06-23-2011, 09:11 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

Because I wanted to express my thoughts on the matter.
(06-23-2011, 07:58 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(06-23-2011, 09:11 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

Because I wanted to express my thoughts on the matter.

Let me try.  Why would those be your thoughts on the matter?