Why does everyone blame God when bad things happen?
(06-25-2011, 03:54 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(06-25-2011, 02:27 AM)wulfrano Wrote:
(06-25-2011, 02:17 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(06-24-2011, 11:53 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(06-24-2011, 10:48 PM)mistman Wrote: "Except...his post links to some spam site or something.  A Christian spambot?  Touché, internet."

Well, the bigger problem for me is that it doesn't address my question. I know why good things happen to bad people and vice versa. I just don't want our God to become a clone of Allah in the eyes of Catholics. There is a synagogue of satan, there are witches and there are demons. They can hurt too.

Allah is the devil- moon- goddess of ancient arabs.  That's why they have a half-moon (horns) on their flag. 

Very interested on some linkage describing the correlation.  Please?

And the stone in Mecca was the ancient fetish reminiscent of the magnetic stone inside the UN bulding and the one that shows up in the movie "2001 a space odyssey".

And the five pointed star of the fallen angel Lucifer.

Again, could you please provide some kind of link that explains the correlation between the two so that we have something more substantial than (what appears to be at the moment) your opinion on their correlation.

In Google Chrome enter "Allah the moon-goddess of the muslims".

For example, in www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm, you will find what follows.

"This is what made it the most sacred site of Arabian paganism. In 1944, G. Caton Thompson revealed in her book, The Tombs and Moon Temple of Hureidha, that she had uncovered a temple of the Moon-god in southern Arabia. The symbols of the crescent moon and no less than twenty-one inscriptions with the name Sin were found in this temple. An idol which may be the Moon-god himself was also discovered. This was later confirmed by other well-known archeologists. The evidence reveals that the temple of the Moon-god was active even in the Christian era. Evidence gathered from both North and South Arabia demonstrate that Moon-god worship was clearly active even in Muhammad's day and was still the dominant cult. According to numerous inscriptions, while the name of the Moon-god was Sin, his title was al-ilah, i.e. "the deity," meaning that he was the chief or high god among the gods. As Coon pointed out, "The god Il or Ilah was originally a phase of the Moon God." The Moon-god was called al- ilah, i.e. the god, which was shortened to Allah in pre-Islamic times. The pagan Arabs even used Allah in the names they gave to their children. For example, both Muhammad's father and uncle had Allah as part of their names."
(06-25-2011, 04:35 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(06-25-2011, 11:03 AM)Gregory I Wrote: Once again, you are making sweeping generalizations.

THe Pentagram is an ancient symbol of VENUS, which is described as the morning star, a title CHRIST takes to himself, and was often used to represent the five wounds of Christ. Even the inverted pentagram does not always explicitly mean Satan, many magicians simply see it as meaning man has control over nature, which is still messed up, but not explicitly satanic. It doe shave a Satanic meaning in SOME circles, but it also has a Christian meaning in other circles.

There you go again.  A christian must avoid ambiguity as much as possible.  Masons love the five pointed star to designate Baphomet.  You want to designate Our Lord?  Just simply use the Cross.

Wulfano, what is your opinion of Christians using the Pantheon, a PAGAN temple, as a Catholic Church? 
(06-25-2011, 04:45 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(06-25-2011, 11:03 AM)Gregory I Wrote: Once again, you are making sweeping generalizations.

THe Pentagram is an ancient symbol of VENUS, which is described as the morning star, a title CHRIST takes to himself, and was often used to represent the five wounds of Christ. Even the inverted pentagram does not always explicitly mean Satan, many magicians simply see it as meaning man has control over nature, which is still messed up, but not explicitly satanic. It doe shave a Satanic meaning in SOME circles, but it also has a Christian meaning in other circles.

There you go again.  A christian must avoid ambiguity as much as possible.  Masons love the five pointed star to designate Baphomet.  You want to designate Our Lord?  Just simply use the Cross.

Wulfano, what is your opinion of Christians using the Pantheon, a PAGAN temple, as a Catholic Church? 

It all depends.  If christians make use of a pagan temple... first, they have to exorcize the damned thing... secondly, they must bless it with holy water and holy chrism... thirdly, once cleansed of evil spirits, they must pray to God in such a way that the new function of said temple is for his adoration alone... fourthly,  the celebration of valid sacraments therein should suffice to turn the material pagan temple into a material blessed christian church.

I could say the same thing about practicioners of kabbalah who utilize the "cabbalistic Cross" which at each point has the letters AGLA inscriped, for "Atah, Gibor Liolam Adonai" "Thou art Great forever, O Lord."

Maybe you should use a symbol other than the cross? ???

No, symbols are signs that communicate a given meaning. In certain circles, the same symbol has different meanings. Fact. You need to avoid your tendency toward rash generalization based on simple and cursory readings of subject matter. THe Star of David is both a Symbol of Judaism, THe State of Ethiopia, Israel, and The evocation of Demons.

THings are not as simple as you like; and it is the insistence on SIMPLICITY where there is COMPLEXITY that lands you in the hot water most of the time.
(06-25-2011, 05:57 PM)Gregory I Wrote:

I could say the same thing about practicioners of kabbalah who utilize the "cabbalistic Cross" which at each point has the letters AGLA inscriped, for "Atah, Gibor Liolam Adonai" "Thou art Great forever, O Lord."

Maybe you should use a symbol other than the cross? ???

No, symbols are signs that communicate a given meaning. In certain circles, the same symbol has different meanings. Fact. You need to avoid your tendency toward rash generalization based on simple and cursory readings of subject matter. THe Star of David is both a Symbol of Judaism, THe State of Ethiopia, Israel, and The evocation of Demons.

THings are not as simple as you like; and it is the insistence on SIMPLICITY where there is COMPLEXITY that lands you in the hot water most of the time.

Since Protestants use the cross and they are heretics, we must indeed distinguish ourselves from them as regards symbols.  The main symbol for catholics is the Crucifix.  An alternate symbol is the Omega (in the Apocalypse He says "I am the Alpha and the Omega").

It is no coincidence that the Hexagram is the symbol of the Sate of Israel, of the Judaic Religion and that it is used as an instrumnent for evoking the demons of Hell.

"Wulfano's beliefs never cease to amaze me...."

But the fact remains, Someone1776, that Islam is taking over and it is doing it somehow...

Their "god," whatever it is (and like the Jewish "god," it isn't mine) has created this fatalistic, "allah is in charge of all" theology that reminds me of what some Christians have today regarding our current spiritual crisis. Eastern religions are known for fatalism and this is one reason why I like the more active, Latin theology much more. We were better in scope during the middle ages, when people actually believed in the destroying power of evil. Islam will be hell for us too when it arrives fully. Mindless practices with no emphasis on deeper spiritual meaning. I tried to read the Koran and it was so obviously inferior, full of endless proses and practical "lessons."

Regardless, I don't think God is allowing Europe to be over-run or that children are often sick and over-weight.

(06-26-2011, 02:47 AM)mistman Wrote: "Wulfano's beliefs never cease to amaze me...."

But the fact remains, Someone1776, that Islam is taking over and it is doing it somehow...

Their "god," whatever it is (and like the Jewish "god," it isn't mine) has created this fatalistic, "allah is in charge of all" theology that reminds me of what some Christians have today regarding our current spiritual crisis. Eastern religions are known for fatalism and this is one reason why I like the more active, Latin theology much more. We were better in scope during the middle ages, when people actually believed in the destroying power of evil. Islam will be hell for us too when it arrives fully. Mindless practices with no emphasis on deeper spiritual meaning. I tried to read the Koran and it was so obviously inferior, full of endless proses and practical "lessons."

Regardless, I don't think God is allowing Europe to be over-run or that children are often sick and over-weight.

The stupid moslems adore the moon-god Al-luci-El.  The Secret of La Salette tells of how infidels will spill the blood of europeans on the street (machetes, beheadings and all that typical moslem stuff).
Parts of La Salette are erroneous.
(06-26-2011, 05:00 PM)Gregory I Wrote: Parts of La Salette are erroneous.

Which parts and based on what exactly?
(06-26-2011, 05:12 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote:
(06-26-2011, 05:00 PM)Gregory I Wrote: Parts of La Salette are erroneous.

Which parts and based on what exactly?

I had a priest tell me this yesterday actually.  He said that the way it was reported wasn't really tightly controlled like say the messages at Fatima.  Something about parts being inserted into the documents by other people, but I didn't really ask him more about it.  Mind you he sounded pretty supportive of Medjugorje, so I wasn't really paying attention at that point ::).  What have you heard, Gregory?