Irish Catholics--Sad Vortex
:pray2:

Irish Catholics can be ok, but Irish Bishops are the worst.
(06-29-2011, 10:34 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Irish Catholics can be ok, but Irish Bishops are the worst.

I guess I gotta ask...............how do you come up with this conclusion?

According to the proof MV recorded for us, Irish Catholics are not even Catholic at all - except perhaps in name only. NO maybe, but certainly not Catholic.

That video shows what the NO and it's "mass" has done and continues to accomplish.

(06-29-2011, 11:01 AM)Stubborn Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 10:34 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Irish Catholics can be ok, but Irish Bishops are the worst.

According to the proof MV recorded for us, Irish Catholics are not even Catholic at all - except perhaps in name only. NO maybe, but certainly not Catholic.

That video shows what the NO and it's "mass" has done and continues to accomplish.

I think a significant portion of Irish Catholics believe the truths of the Catholic Faith.  You may not approve of where they go to Mass or any number of other extraneous details about their lives, but they're still Catholic.  Like I said, I don't care about that bullsheit NO distinction some of you go on about.  Not worried about it, don't care, don't think it's real.
(06-29-2011, 11:05 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

I think a significant portion of Irish Catholics believe the truths of the Catholic Faith.  You may not approve of where they go to Mass or any number of other extraneous details about their lives, but they're still Catholic.  Like I said, I don't care about that bullsheit NO distinction some of you go on about.  Not worried about it, don't care, don't think it's real.

Do you think the video is real? - or was it a "set-up"?

If that video is real and if it represents typical Catholics (I think it does), then you are calling reality BS.
Where I'm at there were tons of Irish, but with the crisis they've left for Ireland. My pub where I go used to be one of the local focal points. I've seen this up close and personal. There a handful who are faithful, and some that only need a nudge to push them. I found the best way to get them back was with scapulars and rosaries and the BMV. Next is telling them what it was like in the old days with the Latin Mass. Like every one everywhere they have been cut off from their patrimony, and are rudder less in a squall at sea. It's ironic that the Celtic boat was round and had no rudder , it was called a coracle.  I've only met a few where their hearts are are hard as flint, and they are truly frightening, while the others with patience can be turned 'round. My 0.02only.

tim
(06-29-2011, 11:07 AM)Stubborn Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 11:05 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

Do you think the video is real? - or was it a "set-up"?

If that video is real and if it represents typical Catholics (I think it does), then you are calling reality BS.

Like I said, I'm pretty much indifferent to this sort of, "it can't be done" prognostication on the part of one person from the provinces.
(06-29-2011, 11:10 AM)timoose Wrote: Where I'm at there were tons of Irish, but with the crisis they've left for Ireland. My pub where I go used to be one of the local focal points. I've seen this up close and personal. There a handful who are faithful, and some that only need a nudge to push them. I found the best way to get them back was with scapulars and rosaries and the BMV. Next is telling them what it was like in the old days with the Latin Mass. Like every one everywhere they have been cut off from their patrimony, and are rudder less in a squall at sea. It's ironic that the Celtic boat was round and had no rudder , it was called a coracle.  I've only met a few where their hearts are are hard as flint, and they are truly frightening, while the others with patience can be turned 'round. My 0.02only.

tim

Your .02 is worth a pound of gold.
My Home town...terribly sad. NY State,where I live now ,is more Catholic than the former land of Saints and Scholars.
"But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?" (Luke 18:8 )

:pray: