Good Catholic MP3's (blogs, sermons) you'd like to recommend?
SensusTraditionis and AudioSancto are by far the best I've come across.
Always good to listen to KG's recommendation, or whatever may be on her mind.
If you go to the site www.therealpresence.org and go under the Hardon archives you can download for free TONS of Father Hardon's talks. I'm talking literally hundreds of them. Some of the sound quality is poor and some are just recorded classes so Father can get off topic sometimes but all in all they are well worth it.
(07-27-2011, 04:43 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: If you go to the site www.therealpresence.org and go under the Hardon archives you can download for free TONS of Father Hardon's talks. I'm talking literally hundreds of them. Some of the sound quality is poor and some are just recorded classes so Father can get off topic sometimes but all in all they are well worth it.

Hey, thanks for the link. Sounds like it is well worth checking out.

I've purchased quite a few presentations from Keep the Faith.org.  They have an incredible variety of topics, and at $1.50 apiece they won't break the bank.

http://www.keepthefaith.org/
That's awful kind of you AdamWayne, thank you. I'm pretty sure you have me mixed up with someone that's actually nice, but being old and cranky I'll happily take it anyways!

I remembered another series that I found very helpful. It's Fr. Daniel Cooper, SSPX, on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola.

They are posted at Youtube by Oblationem, whom I believe posts at some trad forums, maybe even here. Oblationem has a number of good sermons and such posted.

I found the Discernment of Spirits/Rules of St. Ignatius especially helpful because I do not have access to a traditional St. Ignatius retreat and one is supposed to be guided through the exercises.

But, for those like me that can't get to a traditional St. Ignatius retreat, I found that with the help of this series by Fr. Cooper that at the least the following secions of the book The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola are doable:
- Annotations
- Presupposition
- First Week
- Rules

As taught in the exercises -- they are meant to be worked through very slowly, with frequent breaks for much prayer and meditation after each element/concept.

(07-27-2011, 07:18 AM)HopefulinScotland Wrote: Also, it would be helpful to me if you could indicate the, er, canonical status of the speaker (SSPX, sede, etc.) as that sort of thing is important to me.

Sorry, I didn't absorb that part of your request prior to posting on Sensus Traditionis. Fr. Ripperger's full name, including his Society, is: Fr. Chad Ripperger, F.S.S.P., Ph.D.
some really great resources are coming out of this thread, and I really appreciate everyone's input.  And a big thank you to the person who mentioned Audiosancto.com working in their Droid's browser.  I fired it up on my Evo 3D and it works perfectly.  Now I have something else to listen to when I plug my phone into my patrol car stereo at work.
Music from the Sacred Music Colloquium is available for free here:
http://music.dierschow.com/2009Colloquium/

The Holy Hour music, and the music from the Byrd Mass are my personal favorites  :)
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."   - Willy Wonka

For modern-day stories of Saint Anthony's help in people's lives:  saintanthonylostandfound.blogspot.com
of Warren carols lectures are availibls free through iTunes
comes with s pic of Franco
get them!!!!!!!