Lituggical drawing
Found this on the internet, though it was pretty interesting.

A Mountain Climb
through the Church's Liturgical Year

VENETA, OR
4-6-2011

A picture is worth a thousand words: this is certainly true of this piece of liturgical-catechetical art made by a teacher at St. Thomas Becket Academy in Veneta, Oregon Miss Bridget Bryan.

Miss Bryan is a recent graduate of St. Mary's College where she also originated.

The titles of the various feast days that punctuate and define the Church's seasons of grace are in Latin, and appropriately illustrated with related scenes or symbols.

It is gratifying to see such original artistic efforts which help to convey the Catholic Faith, particularly the invaluable lessons that the sacred liturgy have for us.

Click the link to look at the drawing: http://www.sspx.org/chapel_news/veneta_o...l_year.pdf

Wonderful image.  Thanks for sharing.
I would think Good Friday would be the peak of the liturgical year?  Or possibly Easter.
(08-13-2011, 12:03 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: I would think Good Friday would be the peak of the liturgical year?  Or possibly Easter.

I imagine Easter would be.
Not sure why Pentecost is at the peak.
Pentecost is not the peak, the Ascension is also above the Resurrection and it is not a higher feast either. The Resurrection is always the primary feast of the Church.

The mountain continues to go up because it is within the Easter season. Just like the Epiphany is above the Nativity because it is within the Christmas season. The assents/declines in the mountains relate to the seasons starting and ending.

I don't know if I'm explaining this right as it's kinda hard to get out in words.
K3vinhood, I get what your saying.
I get what K3vinhood says, but still, the peak should be the actual peak.

Frankly, I'm not terribly impressed. It doesn't even include liturgical colors!