Are THEY Trying to Shut Down Fish Eaters?
How much $ is needed right now?

How much $ a month does FE cost?

Can we see some numbers?

I will pledge a recurring amount later today.
(08-29-2011, 08:16 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: The problem is that the server needs to be paid for every month, so there'll always be a need. The one way around that is in a few months' chunks worth of server funds; the server has an account to which funds can be added, but there's a maximum balance of $1500. Assuming server costs, bandwidth, etc., stay the same, and if there are no tech issues I'd have to pay someone to fix, then filling that up would take care of the server for a little over 6 months.

I don't think any conspiracy theory is applicable to FE's problems, BTW. People are just poor. Or thinking that "other people" will take care of things.

Here's what Vox sad about costs, above. $1500.00/ 6mos.= $250.00/ mo. Figures are approximate and are not to be taken to be actual. (hehehe)

tim
I wish I were able to donate!!!
But I am living in the bush ;D we don't have any form of e-money here.I
I call upon you people to pledge!!!
Is there any way to donate other than paypal/credit card?
250/mo for a server seems really really steep to me, there has to be a cheaper hosting solution out there with unlimited space and bandwidth.
(08-30-2011, 10:00 AM)Starry Plough Wrote: Is there any way to donate other than paypal/credit card?

There is a post in the announcements section with instructions on how to donate by check. http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...8.html#new
I have done this so I know it works. 
Not to be smart alicky but instead of a bar showing the fund raising results how about doing something intrinsically catholic. How a bout a small image of the infant of Prague on the forum home page? ::)

[Image: infantprague.jpg]

Powerful Hourly Novena
(to be said with child-like confidence at the same time every hour for nine successive hours)

O Jesus, You said, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you,” through the Immaculate Heart of your most holy Mother, I knock, I seek, I ask that my prayer be granted:
(Think of your intention)
O Jesus, You said, “If you ask the Father anything in My Name, He will give it to you,” through the Immaculate Heart of your most holy Mother, I humbly and urgently ask your Father in your Name that my prayer be granted:
(Intention)
O Jesus, You said, “heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away,” through the Immaculate Heart of your most holy Mother, I feel confident that my prayer will be granted:
(Intention)

I'll put up another 5 dollars this month when my check comes in.
I think I may donate $40. Seems like a drop in the bucket.
(08-30-2011, 08:45 AM)Adam_Michael Wrote: How much $ is needed right now?

How much $ a month does FE cost?

Can we see some numbers?

I will pledge a recurring amount later today.

This is my difficulty I'll be honest...There have been requests for donations but unless I've missed explanatory posts, the requests are all rather vague. A PP stated that 250 seems steep, personally I know nothing. I don't know what's reasonable, what isn't, and it would be nice to see some hard numbers with %100 transparency of what's needed vs what's given. It's not for not wanting to give, it's just that as was also stated above, there are many many places that alms can go so we have to keep good track of it. It's partially accounting, it's partially trust, but it's the same for a charities, it's nothing personal against Vox. When transferring from personal to public support, the number crunch kind of has to go public as well.