Are THEY Trying to Shut Down Fish Eaters?
Everyone is scared to death she might get a few extra $$$. So what if she does. This is America, you are ALLOWED to make a few bucks. Geezz people......Its her website, she ceated it, SHE IS ALLOWED TO MAKE A FEW $$$. Grow up. Go create your own wbsite.
Have any of you heard of fish hooks in your pocket ? They are there so your hand can go in but the hooks pierce your skin so you can't get it out. That's from the forties.

tim
Obviously we are still in trouble or Vox would have come here and said thanks, Fishies. Let's try a little harder.

tim
Yeah Tim I think in a lot of ways it boils down to people not putting there money where their mouth is.  And just to be clear- I haven't given anything BUT I'M GETTING PAID FRIDAY AND I PROMISE VOX I'LL DONATE AT LEAST 10 DOLLARS DEPENDS HOW MUCH I GET PAID OK GREAT

Everyone seems to love the site, and I know that some people legitimately can't donate, not even a dollar.  But I have a really hard time believing that the majority of us can't do even a dollar. 

C'mon.  Go borrow it from someone.  Dig it up from the couch cushions.  You'll spend it on a coke or something without even thinking but not on FE?
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(08-31-2011, 10:49 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Yeah Tim I think in a lot of ways it boils down to people not putting there money where their mouth is.  And just to be clear- I haven't given anything BUT I'M GETTING PAID FRIDAY AND I PROMISE VOX I'LL DONATE AT LEAST 10 DOLLARS DEPENDS HOW MUCH I GET PAID OK GREAT

Everyone seems to love the site, and I know that some people legitimately can't donate, not even a dollar.  But I have a really hard time believing that the majority of us can't do even a dollar. 

C'mon.  Go borrow it from someone.  Dig it up from the couch cushions.  You'll spend it on a coke or something without even thinking but not on FE?

It's the mind control beams I tell you! The good news is that they are not 100% effective and you can still fight against them by donating money here! 
I have contributed before but now that I am out of the US I have no way of remitting money.  I am blacklisted with Paypal because of an argument I had with them over an unauthorized payment.  Anyway, why doesn't Vox go public and sell shares. You all get a piece of the Rock.   What is her website worth?   Here's a clue:  Your website at http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/ is worth $382,009.00.  Go to http://directory.sootle.com/website-worth/ and type the URL.  

Come on all of you regular posters, cough a little bit.  If you only knew what it costs to run a wedsite such as this you'd be pulling out your wallets right now.  This website is a huge investment of time and money.  If we all could pitch in a few bucks now and then, it would eased up many of Vox's worries.
(08-30-2011, 09:38 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: Everyone is scared to death she might get a few extra $$$. So what if she does. This is America, you are ALLOWED to make a few bucks. Geezz people......Its her website, she ceated it, SHE IS ALLOWED TO MAKE A FEW $$$. Grow up. Go create your own wbsite.

I'm not worried about her making a few bucks. It would be fair for her to make something for the time she puts into upkeep. It doesn't change that when people are donating to a charity, they feel more secure about their donations when there is full disclosure. I'm sure your annoyance has just roots but let's not pull another "Oh you don't TRUST?!? How unCatholic of you!" again please.

I've mentioned it before but if there is a way to put the Being Catholic portion into booklet form, I would buy several. It may or may not be a money-making proposition, or maybe it gets complicated with religious content needing approval, I don't know, but I'd love it if someone with that kind of knowledge looked into it. 
I just set up a recurring donation that will be automatically withdrawn from my checking account every month.  PayPal makes this very easy to do.

Maybe FE can start selling bumper stickers, t-shirts, etc. FE could have their own Cafe Press store.

http://www.cafepress.com/

I would love a FE bumper sticker!

It could generate more revenue.
(08-30-2011, 07:29 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: Not to be smart alicky but instead of a bar showing the fund raising results how about doing something intrinsically catholic. How a bout a small image of the infant of Prague on the forum home page? ::)

[Image: infantprague.jpg]

Powerful Hourly Novena
(to be said with child-like confidence at the same time every hour for nine successive hours)

O Jesus, You said, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you,” through the Immaculate Heart of your most holy Mother, I knock, I seek, I ask that my prayer be granted:
(Think of your intention)
O Jesus, You said, “If you ask the Father anything in My Name, He will give it to you,” through the Immaculate Heart of your most holy Mother, I humbly and urgently ask your Father in your Name that my prayer be granted:
(Intention)
O Jesus, You said, “heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away,” through the Immaculate Heart of your most holy Mother, I feel confident that my prayer will be granted:
(Intention)
Does anyone know if we're getting close to covering costs for the month?  I set up a recurring donation but if there's more needed, I can talk to Pilgrim and see what we can afford to give.  Things are tight with the adoption, but this is a good cause.

Guys, think about the tremendous resource we have here.  There is so much information available on Fish Eaters that just can't be found elsewhere on the web.  Pilgrim and I learned about traditional Catholicism from Vox and her amazing articles.  She transformed our understanding of our faith.  Isn't that worth something?  I think it is and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.  

Think about this:  Where else on the web can traditional Catholics speak so freely?  Many people pay for cable TV, satellite radio, movie tickets, etc.  Why not $5 or $10 to help keep this place going?  Compare that with $10 for a 2 hour movie.  I think this place is a true bargain by comparison!