Radical Faith
Here's a real treat.  I hope you all have the time to watch the whole thing.  Voris speaking in England.  The video is an hour long, I only watched the first 7 minutes (off to bed) but am loving it so far.

Does anyone else think he seems a little tipsy?  And does he have a scar on his cheek?

Anyhow, here it is.  God bless.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RealCatholic...EImCEoIA7Y
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Yeah, he does seem a little drunk.
Jet Lag?
It seems a little strange that someone who speaks about only the Catholic Church being the True Church of Christ should choose to hire a Salvation Army building for his talk. Surely the conference rooms at Westminster Cathedral would have been better? Or any other Catholic buildings?
(09-03-2011, 05:50 PM)justawoman Wrote: It seems a little strange that someone who speaks about only the Catholic Church being the True Church of Christ should choose to hire a Salvation Army building for his talk. Surely the conference rooms at Westminster Cathedral would have been better? Or any other Catholic buildings?

Voris is a good Catholic, and thus most Catholics won't have him.

Go thy ways, old Jack;
(09-03-2011, 06:13 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(09-03-2011, 05:50 PM)justawoman Wrote: It seems a little strange that someone who speaks about only the Catholic Church being the True Church of Christ should choose to hire a Salvation Army building for his talk. Surely the conference rooms at Westminster Cathedral would have been better? Or any other Catholic buildings?

Without doubt. Remember his talks being shut down on Catholic property just this past Spring. Can't remember location. Pittsburgh maybe? And don't forget all the commotion about him not being "officially" a part of WYD. The list goes on and on.

Pretty good talk. I was able to watch the entire hour. However, I don't think he was tipsy. Perhaps a little tired.

Im sure Westminster would have, they are very traditional, and have a beautiful conference centre.
(09-03-2011, 06:24 PM)justawoman Wrote:

Im sure Westminster would have, they are very traditional, and have a beautiful conference centre.

??? In what sense? 

Voris doesn't have many friends among Catholics "who matter."  He's too Catholic.

Go thy ways, old Jack;
(09-03-2011, 06:24 PM)justawoman Wrote:

The Brompton Oratory in Knightsbridge/South Kensington would have been nice as well. But, are we really going to knock him for the location of his talk? Maybe he managed to convert a cadet or two while he was there.

The cadets wouldnt have been in London now, they are on appointments but thats by the by.

I just thought it would have been better in a Catholic Church, as even if it had taken place in a seperate out building, there still is the Blessed Sacrament very nearby. I believe that Christ in that form is an extremely powerful aid to talks, debates, etc,