Coming Soon: The 2012 Missal?
I think, whether we like it or not, Bl. Pope John Paul II is going into the calendar.  However that's not to say that his feast is going to be universal or anything.  For some strange reason I really do not want Divine Mercy Sunday.. something just seems odd about a private devotion taking precedence over so-and-so Sunday after Pentecost.

And I hope to God they do not allow communion under both forms.  Be sides the sheer impracticality of offering the Chalice to faithful kneeling, it should be classified as down-right criminal negligence for the danger it puts Our Blessed Lord in!

Suppress the Third Confiteor completely!
(09-20-2011, 04:44 AM)City Smurf Wrote: And I hope to God they do not allow communion under both forms.  Be sides the sheer impracticality of offering the Chalice to faithful kneeling, it should be classified as down-right criminal negligence for the danger it puts Our Blessed Lord in!
Tell that to the Eastern Catholics...  :laughing:
(09-20-2011, 04:44 AM)City Smurf Wrote: I think, whether we like it or not, Bl. Pope John Paul II is going into the calendar. 

Then I shall use a different calendar.
(09-20-2011, 04:54 AM)charlesh Wrote: Then I shall use a different calendar.

It is perfectly within Rome's rights to alter the calendar of the liturgy to include new feasts, suppress old feasts etc.  You may not like it, but tough luck.  Be a faithful Catholic, acknowledge the authority of the Pope, and don't go to Church on Oct 22. if you know Father will be celebrating the Feast of Bl. Pope John Paul II.

(09-20-2011, 04:49 AM)Adelbrecht Wrote: Tell that to the Eastern Catholics...  :laughing:

Eastern Catholics don't kneel to communicate however!
(09-20-2011, 05:02 AM)City Smurf Wrote: Eastern Catholics don't kneel to communicate however!
We managed to do it quite well on a pilgrimage to Echternach.  :)

You know what, let HK do the talking. http://wantonpopery.blogspot.com/2009/11...kinds.html  :)
(09-20-2011, 04:35 AM)Adelbrecht Wrote: I hope they will also allow Holy Communion under both kinds and the ordination of permanent deacons.

The ordination of permanent deacons is already allowed, regardless of the form of Mass. The ICRSS ordains Clerical Oblates permanently to the diaconate. Perhaps you meant married deacons? Though I don't see why a married man couldn't receive the diaconate in the pre-Vatican II rite.
(09-20-2011, 05:18 AM)Adelbrecht Wrote: You know what, let HK do the talking. http://wantonpopery.blogspot.com/2009/11...kinds.html  :)

Haha, I forgot I had that blog. But the whole layout is garish, and there are a few things I wrote then that I disagree with today, so I went crazy and just deleted the whole thing right now. I may relaunch Wanton Popery! at a later date, but I don't have much new to say on the topic of popery these days.

Not that I disagree with what I said about Communion in both kinds specifically, that is. Communion by intinction is very safe, as I said back then.
(09-20-2011, 05:32 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: Haha, I forgot I had that blog. But the whole layout is garish, and there are a few things I wrote then that I disagree with today, so I went crazy and just deleted the whole thing right now. I may relaunch Wanton Popery! at a later date, but I don't have much new to say on the topic of popery these days.
Oh dear, luckily I have saved that article as a html file.

You could have just put it offline temporarily, and export the best articles of the old blog to a new blog (or the Fish Eaters blog)...  Or better, create a website and make the timeless articles permanent pages.

I have a blog too, but I mostly place pictures of churches. It's hard finding stuff to talk about.
(09-20-2011, 05:20 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: The ordination of permanent deacons is already allowed, regardless of the form of Mass. The ICRSS ordains Clerical Oblates permanently to the diaconate. Perhaps you meant married deacons? Though I don't see why a married man couldn't receive the diaconate in the pre-Vatican II rite.
Interesting. I guess I have another reason to find the ICRSS interesting. But I don't think FSSP and FSSPX will ever do this.
(09-20-2011, 06:17 AM)Adelbrecht Wrote: You could have just put it offline temporarily, and export the best articles of the old blog to a new blog (or the Fish Eaters blog)...  Or better, create a website and make the timeless articles permanent pages.

I have a blog too, but I mostly place pictures of churches. It's hard finding stuff to talk about.

I have a month, I think, before the blog permanently bites the dust. I am thinking of digging up my golden posts and saving them for a new blog. The layout just drove me nuts and I had to axe it.