Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........
(10-05-2011, 03:02 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(10-05-2011, 03:00 PM)K3vinhood Wrote:
(10-05-2011, 11:27 AM)mikemac Wrote: Interesting K3vinhood.  But DK has something here.  How are Jews suppose to be converted if we are to stay away from them?  And that's what I was trying to say; don't support the nation of Israel and stay clear of their "religion" but not individual Jews.  VII seems to have given up on any mission of conversion for the Jews.  Which is contradictory to what the Bible says, to take His Word to all peoples and nations.  This VII idea reminds me of what St. John Chrysostom is saying but to me both seem contradictory to the Bible.  Again, how are you suppose to convert a Jew if we are suppose to stay clear of them?

St. John Chrysostom is not contradicting the scripture, as shown above.

The "Vatican II attitude" towards the Jews is in no way in line with St. John's either. St. John is not telling us to stop praying for the Jews or to stop trying to convert them.  John Paul II (and Benedict XVI) have claimed in so many words that we do not need to pray for the Jews in a 'missionary sense' .

St. John clearly says that there will be Jews who convert (even if only a small amount). He's not telling us to run away if we see a Jew on the sidewalk, he's telling us to be careful and watch out and to not partake in their Satanic ways.
Well said. Nuff' said.

That's what I said K3vinhood.
(10-05-2011, 04:09 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: What does st crosostom say about dancing period? I wionder if hebwoukd hold to mine and hogans take on how smookin she is.
Mmmmmmm
sip

Well, he was the one who said that he would eat flesh meat on a fast day rather than being a stumbling block, so I think he might cut us some slack! :laughing:
(10-03-2011, 11:06 PM)Underdog Wrote: Very gubernatorial...and very friendly gesture to the citizens of his state...a fine example for all Christians. 

I know some of y'all would like to believe that the Old Testament is not really a part of our Christian heritage...but there ain't nothin about the menorah or dancing a jig or even reading from the Old Testament that is evil.  It is not even remotely the same as visiting a synagogue and taking part in a Jewish ceremony there.  This is the political equivalent of lighting a Christmas tree at the governor's mansion.
Five O's right..........you mean Old Talmud.

Now any Catholics who do not recognize demonic Pharisaical Judaism are denying the Old Testament. ::) You are really out there UD, you might as well catch a few clown Masses in between stops at the Temple.  You better put down that Scofield Bible before you totally pollute your brain or at least stop consuming all the John Hageee Ministries garbage so you can at least try to function somewhat like a "traditional" Roman Catholic.

This video is just another example of those idiot prot Southrons who will say and do anything to please their Judaic masters to get a shot at the WH.

Perry looks like an idiot, how the hell could a man look himself in the mirror after parading around in front of a camera like that? Guys like this would sell their souls for a nickel, not an ounce of dignity or shame, this was a pathetic performance by a desperate individual doing anything it takes to stay in the race. GOP southern  hucksters are no better than their left-wing Democrat Slick Willie's of the political world, these type will say or do anything for a buck or a vote for that matter.

I'm sure if this guy does indeed get the nod for the GOP for prez we will soon see him and his sour puss at the base of the Wailing Wall an absolute prerequisite if you want the keys to the kingdom. ;)
(10-04-2011, 12:27 PM)dymphnaw Wrote: Why is this so bad? Is it forbidden for Christians to have any contact with them? If that's the case we'd have to stop going to school, shop or get medical care.
Soo, you have Pharisaical Rabbi's teaching you at school or checking out your vitals at the Dr's office?

Even if all that's true, are you dancing with them?

And by the way, this is bad for a man who would be leader of the "free world" to carry himself like this. Very bad.

(10-04-2011, 02:50 PM)K3vinhood Wrote: Should we dance around a table with a bunch of rabbi's?

Not that Perry is Catholic, but that's what this thread is about.

I don't think any saint would have advocated dancing around with a bunch of Rabbi's.
I don't care if Perry's a Catholic, I don't care if he's a Mormon or a Methodist or a Muslim or even a Klingon..........

What I do care or want to expose is that he's just another Zionist shill or the next wannabe Israeli waterboy in the White House.

This subforum (or thread for that matter) is about Zionism and such and not what Catholic saints did or did not advocate.

A picture is worth a thousand words they say so this vid should speak volumes about Tex gov and his principles. Or lack thereof shall I say.

Well there is no doubt he is a Zionist. He's no Klingon
frankly it would be refreshing for a Klingon to tske office in the states
Obama is a joke
nuts
sip
Perry doesn't seem to be the Klingon type either
sip
(10-05-2011, 09:05 PM)alaric Wrote:
(10-03-2011, 11:06 PM)Underdog Wrote: Very gubernatorial...and very friendly gesture to the citizens of his state...a fine example for all Christians. 

I know some of y'all would like to believe that the Old Testament is not really a part of our Christian heritage...but there ain't nothin about the menorah or dancing a jig or even reading from the Old Testament that is evil.  It is not even remotely the same as visiting a synagogue and taking part in a Jewish ceremony there.  This is the political equivalent of lighting a Christmas tree at the governor's mansion.
  :blah: :blah: :blah:

You and 5HO are wrong...this is not a Talmudic-based holiday (Hanukkah is clearly an OT-based Jewish holy day...and that's according to the Catholic Encyclopedia).

The dance does not show that Perry is a puppet, or a Talmud-lover, or a shill, or anything else that you are jumping to conclusions to label him.  He is doing something completely harmless, which is to show good will to a certain portion of his citizenry.

At the very worst...and the only thing really highlighted by the video...is that Perry looks pretty hilarious...like he's playing "Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush"...and the expression on his face (totally clueless) is pretty darned funny.  It's an awkward moment captured on film, but an innocent and friendly gesture to folks who are governed by him (fyi: the Jews that tend to vote for Perry are the ones whose beliefs on social issues closely align with those of conservative Christians).

Anyway...folks who have absolutely no problem supporting the Palestinians against Israel (I know that's not you, Alaric, but 5HO does this)...shouldn't make a peep at all about syncretic worship, because ALL Christians (esp Catholics) in the Palestinian Territories engage very heavily in syncretic worship with Moslems.  Yeah, that's right.
Personally I don't think I'd be huge on him dancing with Chinese or north koreans, or Iranians or Mexicans for that matter.

How about we save the expressions of good will for times when we AREN'T pandering to un-assimilated interest groups.
thats politics not just the times. if u dont wanna dance with those u want to vote for u then dont go into politics
kinda simple really
(10-06-2011, 03:21 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: thats politics not just the times. if u dont wanna dance with those u want to vote for u then dont go into politics
kinda simple really

That depends on the politicians themselves.

Lousy politicians do whatever it takes to get elected. Good politicians stand on their principles.