Kissing the Koran
SouthpawLink, even when you said "the people of Islam" it more likely means "the people of that civilization". Nobody says "people of Christianity"

Arun, sure, if somebody provides proper arguments. Such a disvcovery should case sorrow however
(11-15-2011, 01:47 AM)Servire Deo Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 01:46 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: The people of Islam already have a name, Muslims, and Pope John Paul II used it only a few sentences earlier in his speech.  I'm sure he knew the difference between the name of the religion and the name of its adherents.

For all the criticisms people have for John Paul II, being stupid isn't one of them.

Just to be clear, that is most certainly not my argument (that he lacked intelligence).  The man was fluent in eight languages!

aquinasg,
Now you're arguing that His Holiness wanted St. John to protect a civilization, a civilization that, whenever in power, denies Christians the freedom to profess the true Faith and worship God truly?  A civilization which is built upon the corrupt morals of the Qur'an?  Either way, it looks and sounds extremely bad, so much so that it smacks of heresy or is even proximate to heresy, if not outright heretical.
(11-15-2011, 01:54 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 01:47 AM)Servire Deo Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 01:46 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: The people of Islam already have a name, Muslims, and Pope John Paul II used it only a few sentences earlier in his speech.  I'm sure he knew the difference between the name of the religion and the name of its adherents.

For all the criticisms people have for John Paul II, being stupid isn't one of them.

Just to be clear, that is most certainly not my argument (that he lacked intelligence).  The man was fluent in eight languages!

I'm agreeing with you! He wasn't stupid!
I think he was a complete genius.

I love this forum... learn a lot
aquinasg: for or against dhimmitude?
It depends on what they are asking of us. They need to convert, but they hate our missionaries. So dialogue and respect seems like the right path
American Muslims have good ideas about modesty and materialism
(11-15-2011, 02:08 AM)aquinasg Wrote: American Muslims have good ideas about modesty and materialism

They have terrible ideas about modesty.
the american ones i know don't
(11-15-2011, 02:21 AM)aquinasg Wrote: the american ones i know don't

Do you think that women should cover their hair?