This is what obedience looks like
If you ever wonder what it is that the reform of the reform is suppose to look like or what the Holy Father wanted to accomplish by the release of the SP and later the EU was suppose to accomplish. Well here is a perfect example.

http://stmarynorwalk.net/

In my estimation or rather in my humble opinion I thin this is what Pope Benedict had in mind. And it is certainly to those who are obedient to the Vicar of Christ to follow as this parish has.

I know most of you will just snarl at the lipstick on a pig that is the NO (no arguments here) however at least this in every way can be identified as a "Catholic" Church and the Mass can be seen as a "Catholic" Mass. This is certainly more palpable and vast improvement on the NO.
May God bless that young, faithful (and handsome) priest.  Reading the Q and As, he sounds very much like our parish priest... right down to the oblique references to being persecuted by parishioners who don't like his approach.

I'm going to forward this link to my priest so that he can see there are others like him out there.  :pray2:
"this is what Pope Benedict had in mind"

I disagree!  All one has to do is recall that B16's Secretary of State is Tarcisio Bertone.  I could bring up many controversial statements made by the current Holy Father before becoming Pope.  I do believe that a special charism comes with the job so I'll refrain, but until the characters in power change radically, nothing else will.
(12-03-2011, 08:52 PM)Albino_Luciani Wrote: "this is what Pope Benedict had in mind"

I disagree!  All one has to do is recall that B16's Secretary of State is Tarcisio Bertone.  I could bring up many controversial statements made by the current Holy Father before becoming Pope.  I do believe that a special charism comes with the job so I'll refrain, but until the characters in power change radically, nothing else will.

That kind of argument does not fly with me seeing as one of the people that were key in the ascendancy of Bugnini up the ranks of the Curia was Pope Pius XII. If we were to judge people by the company they kept, where would that leave of Our Lord? After all he picked Judas.
"one of the people that were key in the ascendancy of Bugnini up the ranks of the Curia was Pope Pius XII"

The modernist tsunami was unstoppable at that point, given that Pius XII refused to do his duty and read the Third Secret of Fatima.
(12-03-2011, 09:03 PM)Albino_Luciani Wrote: "one of the people that were key in the ascendancy of Bugnini up the ranks of the Curia was Pope Pius XII"

The modernist tsunami was unstoppable at that point, given that Pius XII refused to do his duty and read the Third Secret of Fatima.

I know so, don't forget Jesus too. After all he did know what would happen to His Church 2000 years later and he did nothing.
For a diocesan parish, that looks incredible. I wonder if they celebrate the Ordinary Form in Latin, ad orientem, etc. There aren't many pictures on the site, unfortunately.
(12-03-2011, 09:05 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(12-03-2011, 09:03 PM)Albino_Luciani Wrote: "one of the people that were key in the ascendancy of Bugnini up the ranks of the Curia was Pope Pius XII"

I know so, don't forget Jesus too. After all he did know what would happen to His Church 2000 years later and he did nothing.
He did nothing? His hierarchy for the most part, who are His representatives on Earth, did nothing. And they should have.
(12-03-2011, 09:11 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote: For a diocesan parish, that looks incredible. I wonder if they celebrate the Ordinary Form in Latin, ad orientem, etc. There aren't many pictures on the site, unfortunately.
This is my old parish, and I can tell you that they offer a NO after the TLM that is in essence, a NO "High" Mass. Ad Orientem, and lot's of Latin. I've talked with Fr. Markey, and observed that the Priest is at his most Priestly when he offers the Traditional Mass, and that it was objectively "better" than the new Mass. He agreed.
http://sthughofcluny.org/  Here is the Latin Mass society that is associated with this parish. All I can say is that the Latin Mass is very popular there, it isn't just given a nod, it is fully integrated into the life of the parish.