This is what obedience looks like
Bravo!  That parish looks terrific.
(12-03-2011, 09:11 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote: For a diocesan parish, that looks incredible. I wonder if they celebrate the Ordinary Form in Latin, ad orientem, etc. There aren't many pictures on the site, unfortunately.

In the FAQ it says that the 11:30 Novus Ordo always has the Gloria, Credo, and Pater Noster chanted in Latin.  Once a month it's done entirely in Latin ad orientem.

I still have my reservations about the NO, but if it was always offered as it is here, we'd be in much better shape than we are now.
(12-03-2011, 10:14 PM)AlphaOmega Wrote: Bravo!  That parish looks terrific.
(12-03-2011, 09:11 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote: For a diocesan parish, that looks incredible. I wonder if they celebrate the Ordinary Form in Latin, ad orientem, etc. There aren't many pictures on the site, unfortunately.

In the FAQ it says that the 11:30 Novus Ordo always has the Gloria, Credo, and Pater Noster chanted in Latin.  Once a month it's done entirely in Latin ad orientem.

I still have my reservations about the NO, but if it was always offered as it is here, we'd be in much better shape than we are now.

Well the NO is always going to be the problem, nobody is saying just ignore the actual problem. However this NO is what one could call "Catholic" and in reality that is what we are looking for as we transition back to the TLM.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvqUgagNvMDmWkuc9hM5U...AA1Qsv7q44]
I sent him an e-mail of encouragment.  He's a good priest.
(12-04-2011, 03:22 AM)SPB Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvqUgagNvMDmWkuc9hM5U...AA1Qsv7q44]

:LOL:
(12-04-2011, 12:15 PM)Josué Wrote: I sent him an e-mail of encouragment.  He's a good priest.

Is his address on the website? I should like to do the same.
Transitioning back to the TLM?

No,  we are headed for a hybrid liturgy.  I hope there won't be enough time for that.
If I remember correctly there is a monastery in Italy that offers both the TLM and the Novus Ordo and is being used to study the possibility of a hybrid of sorts. The monastery is called "New Norcia" or something. Don't quote me on it but I thought I heard that the reason they had both ( TLM and NO) was to sort of be a testing ground for a possible hybrid. I believe wholeheartedly that whether that monastery is helping create a  hybrid or not a return to the traditional Latin Mass is out of the question for Rome for a LONG time and that a hybrid is probably the next step. Even the Novus Ordo is here to stay whether we like it or not. The Church just put a new missal for the NO into effect. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon if ever in my lifetime. I think Mass in the vernacular is here to stay too and that whatever hybrid will come up in the next few decades will probably not be in Latin. Like it or not Vatican II changed utterly the face of Catholicism and in most of our lifetimes the only way to escape it is to just attend the SSPX or something and hope that our grandchildrens childrens children worship in a time where Vatican II and all the silliness we are dealing with is just a footnote in the history books.
(12-04-2011, 10:47 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: If I remember correctly there is a monastery in Italy that offers both the TLM and the Novus Ordo and is being used to study the possibility of a hybrid of sorts. The monastery is called "New Norcia" or something. Don't quote me on it but I thought I heard that the reason they had both ( TLM and NO) was to sort of be a testing ground for a possible hybrid. I believe wholeheartedly that whether that monastery is helping create a  hybrid or not a return to the traditional Latin Mass is out of the question for Rome for a LONG time and that a hybrid is probably the next step. Even the Novus Ordo is here to stay whether we like it or not. The Church just put a new missal for the NO into effect. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon if ever in my lifetime. I think Mass in the vernacular is here to stay too and that whatever hybrid will come up in the next few decades will probably not be in Latin. Like it or not Vatican II changed utterly the face of Catholicism and in most of our lifetimes the only way to escape it is to just attend the SSPX or something and hope that our grandchildrens childrens children worship in a time where Vatican II and all the silliness we are dealing with is just a footnote in the history books.

I'm going to be staying at this monastery in 9 days. The monastery began by using both the New Mass and the Old Mass, but they're exclusively Tridentine now.
(12-04-2011, 10:51 PM)Aragon Wrote:
(12-04-2011, 10:47 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: If I remember correctly there is a monastery in Italy that offers both the TLM and the Novus Ordo and is being used to study the possibility of a hybrid of sorts. The monastery is called "New Norcia" or something. Don't quote me on it but I thought I heard that the reason they had both ( TLM and NO) was to sort of be a testing ground for a possible hybrid. I believe wholeheartedly that whether that monastery is helping create a  hybrid or not a return to the traditional Latin Mass is out of the question for Rome for a LONG time and that a hybrid is probably the next step. Even the Novus Ordo is here to stay whether we like it or not. The Church just put a new missal for the NO into effect. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon if ever in my lifetime. I think Mass in the vernacular is here to stay too and that whatever hybrid will come up in the next few decades will probably not be in Latin. Like it or not Vatican II changed utterly the face of Catholicism and in most of our lifetimes the only way to escape it is to just attend the SSPX or something and hope that our grandchildrens childrens children worship in a time where Vatican II and all the silliness we are dealing with is just a footnote in the history books.

I'm going to be staying at this monastery in 9 days. The monastery began by using both the New Mass and the Old Mass, but they're exclusively Tridentine now.

That's good to here they are now offering only the Traditional Mass. It's interesting that after offering both they decided to stick with the one and drop the other. I will pray that you have a good stay with them. If I had the time or money to go to Europe I would visit also but I do not. Are you discerning the monastic life?