Also for you monarchists out there...
(12-17-2011, 10:21 PM)drummerboy Wrote: First off don't forget America has had several presidents who led troops in office.  Washington led militia to put down the whiskey rebellion, Monroe commanded a battery for the defense of Washington (didn't do any good, but I highly respect the man for his action) and Jasckson led troops to threaten to put down secessecion in Carolina over a tarifff. 

That said, I don't believe the monarch would have to be a great military ruler, but should have served in the military, and I mean down and dirty, not having a nice desk job with commfy chairs for his pampered tush.  All Greek men in the classical era were required to serve in the phalanx, and all men thus had a share of combat.  The philosophers therefore knew about war, its necessity, but also the cruelty of it and the need to end it asap.  Even Socrates served in battle.  So yes, a monarch should have experience in th e military.

I agree, especially with what I bolded.  As far as I know, almost all field and flag officers are intentionally kept out of the actual operations; in some cases, leading generals have experience only as academic/desk job types and about as useful as a hardcore Civilization IV gamer. 
(12-17-2011, 09:15 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(12-17-2011, 08:49 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(12-16-2011, 02:30 AM)Arun Wrote: i'd personally rather he was an excellent military strategist rather than him being highly skilled as an individual combatant.

ideal? perhaps a decent measure of both, balanced with great patience, prudence and honour.

:)

Vladimir Putin seems to be well rounded.  Expert martial artist, political strategist, economist, you name it, he's probably done it and done it well.
yeah but he was a secret persecutor for the soviets...but He could convert when Russia is consecrated...interesting.

Yes, it's certainly not an angle that had occurred to me before...

interesting though.
(12-17-2011, 10:21 PM)drummerboy Wrote: First off don't forget America has had several presidents who led troops in office.  Washington led militia to put down the whiskey rebellion, Monroe commanded a battery for the defense of Washington (didn't do any good, but I highly respect the man for his action) and Jasckson led troops to threaten to put down secessecion in Carolina over a tarifff. 

Out of all the American presidents, the only two I like are Washington and Jackson.
Of any leader today, clealy Putin is the only one who lines up with a candidate for Great Monarch.  But I doubt it will be him for reasons I will list.

What we are looking at is an implosion of European banks and economies to be loosed in earnest next year.  Meanwhile back at the Hall of Freemasonic Desolation, mad and likely demon possessed Western leaders are attempting to evict Russia from Syria- and now Putin from Russia.  At the same time, the Red Dragon's make believe economy replete with ghost town metropolises and fake companies is coming crashing down.

It seems inevitable that there will be a world war with shifting alliances, at least until Russia is consecrated.  By the latter end of this decade, in my view things will look so differently, I would not at all be surprised if Putin were to be killed in battle- or just out of spite by the same thugs who bankrolled those low born Moslem Al-Qaeda terrorists who tortured Moammar Gadhafi.

If I had to guess, I would expect the Great Monarch to come from America or possibly France, areas where traditional practice of the Faith is the strongest.  But that is speculation on my part.
I had heard speculation that the Great Monarch would come from the line of Louis XIII but I cannot remember who said it or why they believed that...

so could be utter nonsense...

or could be sound...

lol sorry I cannot remember...
(12-17-2011, 11:29 PM)Vlad Tepes Wrote:

Out of all the American presidents, the only two I like are Washington and Jackson.

I always find it strange when Catholics praise Freemasons.
(12-18-2011, 08:38 AM)Nic Wrote:

Not sure Jackson was a freemason.
(12-18-2011, 06:21 AM)Arun Wrote: I had heard speculation that the Great Monarch would come from the line of Louis XIII but I cannot remember who said it or why they believed that...

so could be utter nonsense...

or could be sound...

lol sorry I cannot remember...

This video about prophecies from Ireland and the Great Monarch is very interesting.  One of the prophecies is "Legion and progeny of the King that XVI is his number come to hunt the tyrants."  The last Bourbon king before the French Revolution was Louis XVI.  If you look at the French Monarchs' genealogy it traces it back to Hugh Capet, the Merovingians and the Carolingians who were Franks, a German tribe.  But not very long ago I was looking at a site that traced Hugh Capet's line further back to an Ard Rí or High King of Ireland.  I've been looking for it for a couple of hours but I haven't been able to find it.  I wanted to see if it had a King Arthur in the line. lol

This page on Hugh Capet is interesting too.  According to it in 987 when the last of Charlemagne's direct descendants, Louis the Child died the barons met together to choose a ruler and Duke Hugh Capet became king.  "Gaul, or France, had been ruled for many years by Romans and by Germans, but Hugh Capet was a Frenchman, ruling French people, the first king of France."  I kind of doubt "the first king of France" but that's what the page says.
http://www.mainlesson.com/display.php?author=tappan&book=middle&story=capet 

The first line in the Irish prophecies is "Ireland, recall from exile your forgotten sons."
It goes on to say "warriors she call on you to fight", she meaning Mary. 
"her lieutenant is Ard ri Erenn monarch of Tara"
"He is not Irish but his heart was"
"He is from lilies of France and knows how to carry the cross"
Then it says
"to crush the tyrant you will only rely on the Gedeon forces" in reference to the Book of Judges chapters 6 to 8.
"from the Galleon of New France, Gedeon move slowly"
There used to be a short Canadian history clip played quite often here that showed that many Quebec families adopted Irish orphans that their parents died on the coffin ships after the potato famine.  If I can remember correctly it said that about a quarter of the population of Quebec now has Irish roots, but I'm thinking it may have said more.  An Irish only Legion led by the progeny of Louis XVI under Mary's banner to go hunt the tyrants.  Amazing.  Gives me the shivers.  Many people of Highland Scot decent are Irish from way back too. lol  At one time Scotland used to be called Scotia Minor, Erenn being Scotia Major.  A dna study of France shows 80% in the west and about 60% in the east having Celtic R1b Y haplogroup still from the time of the Gauls.

Yes for sure, the Great Monarch would definitely have to be consecrated to her and use the standard of the Holy Mother of God.

In the most recent issue of the Fatima Crusader, the 100th issue, Father Gruner has a time line of the events of his apostolate.  When talking about the Pope with all the bishops doing a proper consecration of Russia Father Gruner says on page 34, "There is nothing really stopping him at the present time.  But in the short space of a few months or a few years, he may no longer have that freedom."
(12-18-2011, 08:38 AM)Nic Wrote:

Yeah, Mozart was an terrible composer with no musical talent whatsoever.  :eyeroll:
(12-18-2011, 12:06 AM)kingtheoden Wrote: Of any leader today, clealy Putin is the only one who lines up with a candidate for Great Monarch.  But I doubt it will be him for reasons I will list.

What we are looking at is an implosion of European banks and economies to be loosed in earnest next year.  Meanwhile back at the Hall of Freemasonic Desolation, mad and likely demon possessed Western leaders are attempting to evict Russia from Syria- and now Putin from Russia.  At the same time, the Red Dragon's make believe economy replete with ghost town metropolises and fake companies is coming crashing down.

It seems inevitable that there will be a world war with shifting alliances, at least until Russia is consecrated.  By the latter end of this decade, in my view things will look so differently, I would not at all be surprised if Putin were to be killed in battle- or just out of spite by the same thugs who bankrolled those low born Moslem Al-Qaeda terrorists who tortured Moammar Gadhafi.

If I had to guess, I would expect the Great Monarch to come from America or possibly France, areas where traditional practice of the Faith is the strongest.  But that is speculation on my part.

No... The Great Monarch is prophesied to be the lost heir to both Spanish and French thrones.  His existence and identity kept secret by God's grace until forces from the East invade Europe, and the forces working from the shadows believing they have Catholicism right where they want it, near a death blow.  THAT is when the Great Monarch reveals himself from somewhere in the West (Western Europe, probably) and leads a successful counter-attack, eventually conquering the East.