This Place is a Cesspit
Cess*pool*, not "cesspit"

Trying to sow confusion with your jewish destruction of the pure Anglo-Saxon tongue-- I'm on to you.
(01-19-2012, 04:58 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Cess*pool*, not "cesspit"

Trying to sow confusion with your jewish destruction of the pure Anglo-Saxon tongue-- I'm on to you.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Actually, both are acceptable. Indeed, if you search for 'cesspool' on Wiki, you are redirected to 'cesspit'.
(01-19-2012, 05:01 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 04:58 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Cess*pool*, not "cesspit"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Actually, both are acceptable. Indeed, if you search for 'cesspool' on Wiki, you are redirected to 'cesspit'.

Jimmy Wales is one of 'them'

I just banned two people and am looking to ban a few more. I know how it will turn out, though: they'll mail me and call me a liberal or feminazi or "Jew-lover" or whatever, will most likely run off to another forum and go on about how FE is liberal and not even close to "traditional," etc.

Yeah, this place is part cesspit. You don't know how sorry I am about it, too. But I'm "letting some people go" around here. I'm sick of it. Don't let the few, the loud-mouthed people who like to name-call and who seem to not have much charity taint your view of what "traditional Catholicism" is (those few tend to post more than others, most likely because they're typically young unmarried males with nothing better to do, like raise families and work for a living).

Traditional Catholicism is the truth, set up by Christ Himself. Too bad some of those who claim to be "trad" focus more on venting rather than bringing souls to Christ. Don't let anyone or anything keep you from Christ and His Church, especially not some stupid internet forum. The only thing that will change the public "face" of traditional Catholicism is for those trads who have love in them to post more and to not be run out by the bitter types.
Vox makes a good point.  I do like to mix it up and debate things.  As a younger man on the Web, it was one of my favorite pastimes.  But since then, I've mellowed.  When people attack me for whatever reason, I always try to remember one of the aphorisms of one of my favorite authors:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”

Harsh, yes.  True in all cases, certainly not.  It is a warning to /both/ sides of a debate to keep it serious and civil or else risk any kind of credibility.
(01-19-2012, 03:29 AM)Will37 Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 03:23 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 03:11 AM)Will37 Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 01:23 AM)rbjmartin Wrote: Will37,
I have never seen you post until now. When you saw the offensive posts you refer to above, why did you not speak up? If you believed the thoughts of of others were truly immoral and wrong, why did you not attempt to sway those who wrote such things away from their bad opinions. Don't you think it's a little unfair to level such accusations as you have leveled completely out of context? I have no idea of the contents of the posts you refer to, nor their context. Heck, you may have been offended by something I wrote, for all I know (although I think you would have a heck of a time trying to construe me as a fascist). Before you give up on us and traditional Catholicism, why don't you make an attempt to engage us and question us on our beliefs/opinions, rather than silently harboring ill feelings without seeking further clarification or discussion?

I did.  I did attempt to engage those people.  I gave up for a few months when I was accused for the umpteenth time of being a crypto-Jew.  
Qui tacet consentire.

Instead of titling this thread calling Fisheaters a "Cesspit".
There should be a thread titled "Free Willy37"

If you have nothing to contribute with in Fisheaters, please don't offend.

Um.  I do have something to contribute.  Antisemitism (and hatred of Muslims, not Islam, but Muslims in general) and Nazi sympathizing is bad.  Its presence here should be accepted or ignored by the members here if they don't want to be associated with it.  And if they don't mind being associated with it then that's also a problem.  There's my contribution

I cannot write posts to disagree with every single comment I disagree with.  I try to make my position clear but I don't have time to engage with each objectionable comment.  I have gotten the "crypto-Jew" thing directed at me too, but I do not think that leaving is the solution.  "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness" and all that.
There are many of us that absolutely abhor Nazi ideology, but do respect the Germans technological advances during the 30's and 40's.
(01-19-2012, 12:16 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: The only thing that will change the public "face" of traditional Catholicism is for those trads who have love in them to post more and to not be run out by the bitter types.

Vox is right. The name-callers are few but very loud. The rest of us, including myself, should speak up more often to counteract that.
(01-19-2012, 01:11 AM)Spooky Wrote: Second, don't leave Jesus because of Judas. All of us are sinners.

Spooky, LOVE this. I have seen many people leave Jesus because of Judas but never saw it addressed so simply yet so perfectly. I won't forget that line anytime soon.
(01-19-2012, 12:16 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I just banned two people and am looking to ban a few more. I know how it will turn out, though: they'll mail me and call me a liberal or feminazi or "Jew-lover" or whatever, will most likely run off to another forum and go on about how FE is liberal and not even close to "traditional," etc.

Yeah, this place is part cesspit. You don't know how sorry I am about it, too. But I'm "letting some people go" around here. I'm sick of it. Don't let the few, the loud-mouthed people who like to name-call and who seem to not have much charity taint your view of what "traditional Catholicism" is (those few tend to post more than others, most likely because they're typically young unmarried males with nothing better to do, like raise families and work for a living).

Traditional Catholicism is the truth, set up by Christ Himself. Too bad some of those who claim to be "trad" focus more on venting rather than bringing souls to Christ. Don't let anyone or anything keep you from Christ and His Church, especially not some stupid internet forum. The only thing that will change the public "face" of traditional Catholicism is for those trads who have love in them to post more and to not be run out by the bitter types.

Actually, Vox, if you're banning "fascist sympathizers" they'll likely admire your dictatorship qualities. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.