Fr. Rodriguez getting sued
I think prayer for everyone concerned is in order....the Bishop, the Monsignor, Fr. rodriguez and the Church.
(01-13-2012, 02:30 PM)Tapatio Wrote: I think the FSSPX will have a new asset.
Hopefully.
(01-13-2012, 08:05 PM)elpasotom Wrote: I think prayer for everyone concerned is in order....the Bishop, the Monsignor, Fr. rodriguez and the Church.

RIGHT.

Prayers all around.  Fr. Rodriguez becoming a Society priest would be GREAT.  Also great, if he can "tradvert" those around him.
(01-12-2012, 10:28 PM)Tradchick Wrote: Unbelievable! The bishop that moved Fr. Rodriguez to a ghost town is now filing a lawsuit against him.

http://m.elpasotimes.com/elpasotimes/db_...d=jmww63DG
You don't say!
News to me. Incredible.
(01-13-2012, 03:23 AM)alphonsusjr Wrote: Watch this, from 1986, on the homosexual infiltration of the Church:

Ah, I miss Fr. O'Connor!  He was one great priest.  He stayed with my family when he came to Hawaii back in the late '80s.  The stories he shared with us about his experiences dealing with the homos who had infiltrated the Dominican order would make my blood boil.  He was treated with such contempt by his superiors and the queer mob running things, I'm amazed he could deal with it.  Fr. O'Connor was so at peace in the face of persecution.  He is a saint in my book!  :salute:
(01-14-2012, 08:39 AM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 03:23 AM)alphonsusjr Wrote: Watch this, from 1986, on the homosexual infiltration of the Church:

Ah, I miss Fr. O'Connor!  He was one great priest.  He stayed with my family when he came to Hawaii back in the late '80s.  The stories he shared with us about his experiences dealing with the homos who had infiltrated the Dominican order would make my blood boil.  He was treated with such contempt by his superiors and the queer mob running things, I'm amazed he could deal with it.  Fr. O'Connor was so at peace in the face of persecution.  He is a saint in my book!  :salute:

Wow. I wish I could have talked with him and heard those stories.
Bishop Ochoa was a priest of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and was made an auxiliary bishop of Los Angeles (before he was appointed to El Paso) by Roger Cardinal Mahoney.
Why doesn't the good Fr. Rodriguez just leave the N.O. wasteland and join the FSSP or SSPX?  The more people that vote with their feet and leave the N.O. mess, the quicker the Vatican will finally be forced to jettison Vatican II and restore sanity back to the Church. 
(01-23-2012, 04:03 PM)SpiderDweeb Wrote: Why doesn't the good Fr. Rodriguez just leave the N.O. wasteland and join the FSSP or SSPX?  The more people that vote with their feet and leave the N.O. mess, the quicker the Vatican will finally be forced to jettison Vatican II and restore sanity back to the Church. 

Doesn't a priest have to have his bishop's permission to leave the diocese?
(01-23-2012, 04:07 PM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 04:03 PM)SpiderDweeb Wrote: Why doesn't the good Fr. Rodriguez just leave the N.O. wasteland and join the FSSP or SSPX?  The more people that vote with their feet and leave the N.O. mess, the quicker the Vatican will finally be forced to jettison Vatican II and restore sanity back to the Church. 

Not to join the SSPX  :LOL:

But to join one of the eclessia dei communities I guess so, though perhaps Rome could step in
(01-23-2012, 04:11 PM)TrentCath Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 04:07 PM)3Sanctus Wrote:

Not to join the SSPX  :LOL:

But to join one of the eclessia dei communities I guess so, though perhaps Rome could step in

I didn't know the SSPX encouraged abandoning vows and the like.  Do they also encourage monks to abandon their monasteries?