Petition to the Holy Father against receiving communion in the hand

Two Australian priests have started an online petition to the Holy Father to restore Communion on the tongue as normal practise.

The Petition

Your Holiness,

We are convinced of the great spiritual harm inflicted on the Catholic faithful, and the profanation of the Blessed Sacrament that often occurs by the practice of Communion received on the hand.

We implore Your Holiness to personally intervene to restore once again the normative practice of reception of Holy Communion on the tongue alone.

A link to the petition is http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-to-the-holy-father/

A link to an article about it is http://www.cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=29761

It is surprising that this has originated in Australia, which is becoming more liberal every day, but not surprising are the majority of  comments attached to the article  deriding this inititative.

Signed
ditto. I hope it helps  :Hmm:
Signed!
What has the Church come to that we should need to have a petition for this?  :(
I'm adding this to my prayer intentions.
(01-24-2012, 03:34 AM)Doce Me Wrote: What has the Church come to that we should need to have a petition for this?  :(
I'm adding this to my prayer intentions.

[quote]
837 votes so far.  We need more. 

Also, I agree with Doce Me .... we shouldn't have to have a petition for this!
signed
(01-24-2012, 05:01 AM)The Curt Jester Wrote: 837 votes so far.   We need more.   

Also, I agree with Doce Me .... we shouldn't have to have a petition for this!

But if there are enough signatures, it gives the Holy Father back up if he decides to make that ruling.  He doesn't need back up, he can do it on his own, but it would be useful if someone at the Vatican could tell the media "His Holiness received millions of signatures on petitions asking for this, which he felt confirmed how the Holy Ghost was leading him."
signed with the following comment:

"Communion in the hand is a diabolical abomination.End it now before God reigns fire down on our heads."