Newt
Does anyone explain how Newt Gingrich is able to stay married to his third wife and still remain in good standing with the Church?  I have searched for this answer and still have not come up with a decent explanation.  Thank you.
(01-29-2012, 11:25 AM)Cato76 Wrote: Does anyone explain how Newt Gingrich is able to stay married to his third wife and still remain in good standing with the Church?  I have searched for this answer and still have not come up with a decent explanation.  Thank you.

Explanation: The Novus Ordo is full of mamby-pamby prelates and bishops with no spine.
Perhaps he got an annulment from his first 2 marriages?

His annulment decree was surprisingly easy for the tribunals: Newt's first wife died, but he contracted a putative marriage to his second wife when his first wife was still alive.  This meant his second marriage was never a real marriage, and his first has become irrelevant by way of death.

It's not a neat situation, but in this case the decrees of nulity themselves appear to be unusually legitimate.

Edit: Poorly researched.
(01-29-2012, 02:59 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: It's not a neat situation, but in this case the decrees of nulity themselves appear to be unusually legitimate.

:laughing:  To say the least!
Every time I see this thread this is what I think of:
(01-29-2012, 02:59 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: His annulment decree was surprisingly easy for the tribunals: Newt's first wife died, but he contracted a putative marriage to his second wife when his first wife was still alive.  This meant his second marriage was never a real marriage, and his first has become irrelevant by way of death.

It's not a neat situation, but in this case the decrees of nulity themselves appear to be unusually legitimate.

Gingrich's first wife is still alive.

http://factcheck.org/2011/12/the-gingrich-divorce-myth/
(01-29-2012, 01:08 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote:
(01-29-2012, 11:25 AM)Cato76 Wrote: Does anyone explain how Newt Gingrich is able to stay married to his third wife and still remain in good standing with the Church?  I have searched for this answer and still have not come up with a decent explanation.  Thank you.

Explanation: The Novus Ordo is full of mamby-pamby prelates and bishops with no spine.
Voxx and Matt agree so it must be true.
(01-29-2012, 05:01 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(01-29-2012, 02:59 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: His annulment decree was surprisingly easy for the tribunals: Newt's first wife died, but he contracted a putative marriage to his second wife when his first wife was still alive.  This meant his second marriage was never a real marriage, and his first has become irrelevant by way of death.

Gingrich's first wife is still alive.

http://factcheck.org/2011/12/the-gingrich-divorce-myth/

You are correct, sir.  Mea culpa!

Never mind my post.  I was going off of a write up I read a while ago, and clearly it was poorly researched.

Wool of bat and tongue of dog

Oh, wait, this isn't Word Association, is it?