The Bishops and the Obama administration
Our priest at the TLM read a letter from our Bishop about this unconstitutional ruling by the Satan...I mean Obama administration. The Bishop said there are only 2 options for the Church. One is to follow the ruling and go against Church teaching which is out of the question...and the other is for the Church to stop offering health insurance altogether which is unconscionable. The Bishop will be providing call to action information in the coming weeks on what we can do to stop this. Our priest said that the Obama administration is at war with the Catholic Church and this is not the first time his administration has done things to strip away the freedom of religion from the Catholic Church.

This is the reason no matter who the GOP nominates...they will be 1000 times better than the Devil we have in the office now.

(01-27-2012, 11:06 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: If they take this stand they may lose their Tax Exempt Status.  We couldn’t have that.  Maintaining a Tax Exempt Status is a requirement for salvation you know.

I don't remember seeing the SSPX, SSPV, or CMRI publicly announce that you can't vote for Obama, either.  If any of them have please show us where.  Why are you singling out the USCCB?

(01-29-2012, 12:01 AM)kingtheoden Wrote:
(01-28-2012, 07:07 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(01-28-2012, 05:40 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: I need to correct a typo: The Bishops should excommunicate all Catholics in Congress who support laws that legalize or fund abortion.  My editing sense was off due to my cold.  Mea culpa!

Was there ever an "official" change in this practice?  I mean, there was a practical change- no one does it anymore.  But did some churchman ever draft up something to the effect of "no more excommunications" or anything like that?

No Bishop has since the 'New Springtime' and 'fresh air campaign' got under way.  Instead of 'dialogue' and 'pastoral education' they should be on the front lines firing the howitzer's of Faith. 

Excommunicate these wicked traitors: The American Primate needs to pronounce this upon Joe Biden, Pelosi, Sebelius et. al. with the full Rite, and broadcast this on EWTN live.  Then, Cardinal Dolan should announce perpetual excorcisms of abortuaries, establish a legion of St. Michael to pray for the defeat of all demons in American territories.

This would absolutely shock the world and make perfectly clear what is Truth.  We would instantly convert entire Protestant groups.  It might even wing back these lost souls named above, which are, objectively speaking, in a pit of demonic effluent at the moment.

Greetings,

Considered writing this as a letter to the local Bishop? You should do so!  :)

Blessings,

TraditionalistThomas.
(01-29-2012, 05:35 PM)calicatholic Wrote:
(01-27-2012, 11:06 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: If they take this stand they may lose their Tax Exempt Status.  We couldn’t have that.  Maintaining a Tax Exempt Status is a requirement for salvation you know.

I don't remember seeing the SSPX, SSPV, or CMRI publicly announce that you can't vote for Obama, either.  If any of them have please show us where.  Why are you singling out the USCCB?

I think you may have misunderstood by facitious comment. It was a joke.

The reason I mentioned only the USCCB is because they were the only source my "inside" person talked about. Also, as great as these other groups are, I consider the USCCB to be the only legitimate source of Catholic authority in America. Aside from the Pope and the Church's infallible teaching that is.
(01-29-2012, 12:01 AM)kingtheoden Wrote:
(01-28-2012, 07:07 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(01-28-2012, 05:40 PM)kingtheoden Wrote: I need to correct a typo: The Bishops should excommunicate all Catholics in Congress who support laws that legalize or fund abortion.  My editing sense was off due to my cold.  Mea culpa!

Was there ever an "official" change in this practice?  I mean, there was a practical change- no one does it anymore.  But did some churchman ever draft up something to the effect of "no more excommunications" or anything like that?

No Bishop has since the 'New Springtime' and 'fresh air campaign' got under way.  Instead of 'dialogue' and 'pastoral education' they should be on the front lines firing the howitzer's of Faith. 

Excommunicate these wicked traitors: The American Primate needs to pronounce this upon Joe Biden, Pelosi, Sebelius et. al. with the full Rite, and broadcast this on EWTN live.  Then, Cardinal Dolan should announce perpetual excorcisms of abortuaries, establish a legion of St. Michael to pray for the defeat of all demons in American territories.

This would absolutely shock the world and make perfectly clear what is Truth.  We would instantly convert entire Protestant groups.  It might even wing back these lost souls named above, which are, objectively speaking, in a pit of demonic effluent at the moment.

Awesome. The only thing I would add is local exorcist task forces made and stationed at each abortion clinic till it's shut down.

I'll volunteer to feed them!
(01-27-2012, 09:51 PM)verenaerin Wrote:
(01-27-2012, 09:49 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Because most everything the bishops say is ignored by the majority of Catholics anyway.  They have no, as in zero, moral authority left to make pronouncements on anything of consequence.  That ship sailed long ago when it was discovered so many bishops were guilty of hiding known pedophiles.  So, if the bishops tried to excommunicate Catholic politicians and direct Catholics on which candidate to vote for, the ignoring would cease long enough for Catholics to laugh hysterically at them and jeer, and then they would go back to ignoring them.  It's better to pretend you have power than to try to exercise it and discover you really have none.  Q.E.D.

Word.

I have to disagree with this. The only way back to having any power or authority is to start excommunicating. Let them laugh, let them leave. Did not B16 once say we may have to live with a smaller and more faithful Church? It will be a long journey back. But, the longest of them always begin with a first step.

Let them be anathema.