Luther was WHAT?
It seems clear to me that the Church hierarchy which has bought into Modernism can get away with so much now, perhaps more than they could in the past.  While, externally, things looked worse in many ways in the 80s, it seems to me that Rome now has things in such a way that even some of the most liberal words and actions can be set up in such a way that even the most "conservative" Catholics will accept it as "conservative."
(01-27-2012, 09:19 AM)Nic Wrote: Maybe we will get St. John Paul II and St. Martin Luther together at the same time!!

Indeed, the Church is truly in eclipse.  While the Pope lauds tradition one day and Modernism/Humanism/Protestantism the next, I believe it is all just a smoke screen.  The agenda of the Modernist infiltrators who run the ecclesiastical structure of the Church is preceding along just as they want it to.
When is St. Martin Luther's feast day?
(01-27-2012, 09:19 AM)Nic Wrote: Maybe we will get St. John Paul II and St. Martin Luther together at the same time!!

Indeed, the Church is truly in eclipse.  While the Pope lauds tradition one day and Modernism/Humanism/Protestantism the next, I believe it is all just a smoke screen.  The agenda of the Modernist infiltrators who run the ecclesiastical structure of the Church is preceding along just as they want it to.

No one should be that surprised.  I had a liberal Catholic priest many years ago tell me he believed Martin Luther would be canonized one day.
(01-27-2012, 04:09 PM)Norbert Wrote:

:LOL:  I am an avid Star Wars fan so that was much appreciated.  But really, it seems that there is an "Emperor" working behind the scenes within the ecclesiastical structure of the Church.  He first became "Emperor" during Vatican II and began his plans to usurp the true religion and replace it with a false one that erroneously bears its name.  Although this "Emperor" is a collective group of people and just not one singular individual - and their plans are preceding just as they have foreseen. 

In a way, the post-conciliar popes are kind of like Darth Vader in this vague allegory.  They are doing the "Emperor's" will, but deep down inside feelings of true Catholicism may still stir.  Perhaps Luke Skywalker is the "Great Catholic Monarch" in all of this - the one who will help return Darth Vader (the papacy) back to his true self and see the Empire (the usurper religion that for the most part holds the ecclesiastical structure of the Church) destroyed.  The SSPX, of course, would be the Rebellion in this allegory.
(01-29-2012, 08:12 AM)Nic Wrote:
(01-27-2012, 04:09 PM)Norbert Wrote:

:LOL:  I am an avid Star Wars fan so that was much appreciated.  But really, it seems that there is an "Emperor" working behind the scenes within the ecclesiastical structure of the Church.  He first became "Emperor" during Vatican II and began his plans to usurp the true religion and replace it with a false one that erroneously bears its name.  Although this "Emperor" is a collective group of people and just not one singular individual - and their plans are preceding just as they have foreseen. 

In a way, the post-conciliar popes are kind of like Darth Vader in this vague allegory.  They are doing the "Emperor's" will, but deep down inside feelings of true Catholicism may still stir.  Perhaps Luke Skywalker is the "Great Catholic Monarch" in all of this - the one who will help return Darth Vader (the papacy) back to his true self and see the Empire (the usurper religion that for the most part holds the ecclesiastical structure of the Church) destroyed.  The SSPX, of course, would be the Rebellion in this allegory.

Hopefully a future Pope of Tradition will be slightly less whiny than empire-era Luke.  But yes, I totally get your meaning.  I posted knowing you would "get it.".  :cheers:
Quote:Pope Benedict hailed Luther as “a great witness of the faith" . . .

I don't know what faith they're talking about, but it certainly isn't the same faith I believe and profess.
(01-30-2012, 02:14 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:

I don't know what faith they're talking about, but it certainly isn't the same faith I believe and profess.

Nonsense!

Obey the Pope, schismatic!
(01-30-2012, 02:17 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 02:14 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:

Nonsense!

Obey the Pope, schismatic!

Vetus is back!  :P