The real St. Francis of Assisi
The thing that always gets me is how the modernist heretics in the new Church try to ignore the fact that St Francis went to the middle east and tried to convert muslims. But then that hardly fits in with the modern Vatican view of all religions lead to heaven. A koran Kisser St Francis was not.
I'm not a big fan of St. Francis or the Vortex, for that matter, but Voris was spot on here.

The feminisation of the Church is sickening.
(01-30-2012, 07:41 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: The thing that always gets me is how the modernist heretics in the new Church try to ignore the fact that St Francis went to the middle east and tried to convert muslims. But then that hardly fits in with the modern Vatican view of all religions lead to heaven. A koran Kisser St Francis was not.

There is no official teaching that all religions lead to heaven, no matter how much confusion Pope John Paul caused around this.
(01-30-2012, 08:09 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 07:41 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: The thing that always gets me is how the modernist heretics in the new Church try to ignore the fact that St Francis went to the middle east and tried to convert muslims. But then that hardly fits in with the modern Vatican view of all religions lead to heaven. A koran Kisser St Francis was not.

There is no official teaching that all religions lead to heaven, no matter how much confusion Pope John Paul caused around this.

Well that is my point. You have a strong man like Saint Francis trying to convert muslims. Then you have a Pope sowing confusion by his ecumania. As a Vicar of Christ he should be the last person to be doing that. He should stand firm for the true faith not be the main cause of to quote Cardinal Ratzinger "the dictatorship of relativism."  As far as I am concerned JPII had great intentions with his ecumania but as they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
(01-30-2012, 08:07 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I'm not a big fan of St. Francis or the Vortex, for that matter, but Voris was spot on here.

Why not a fan of St Francis? Just curious not wanting a debate. Just wondering.
(01-30-2012, 08:54 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 08:07 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I'm not a big fan of St. Francis or the Vortex, for that matter, but Voris was spot on here.

Not one of my favourite saints, that's all.
(01-30-2012, 08:55 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 08:54 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote:

Ahh I see.
(01-30-2012, 08:54 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: Why not a fan of St Francis? Just curious not wanting a debate. Just wondering.

I'm curious too.  Do you think you are influenced by his modern portrayals? 
(01-30-2012, 09:01 PM)JayneK Wrote: I'm curious too.  Do you think you are influenced by his modern portrayals? 

No, not at all.

I'm just not into Franciscan spirituality.
(01-30-2012, 09:01 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 08:54 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: Why not a fan of St Francis? Just curious not wanting a debate. Just wondering.

I'm curious too.  Do you think you are influenced by his modern portrayals? 

I know this was directed to Vetus but, I used to love St Francis and then got really turned off by the modern portrayals. It took reading The Little Flowers of St Francis and a few other books to get me back into him. Now he is one of my favorites again. A nun recommended to me to watch Brother Sun Sister Moon and it was a huge turn off. Kept me away from anything Franciscan for years. And then all the other crud. I was actually  told by a Priest that St Francis was the first feminist of the Church and that he allowed women to celebrate Mass. No doubt this would have surprised the Poor Clares. :crazy: