It's not "goodbye."....It's just goodbye.
(02-24-2012, 02:53 AM)vakarian Wrote: Jayne, I think Iolanthe was quite justified in making whatever 'parting shots' she decided to make. The myriad sexist insults leveled against her over the past couple years were (and of course still are) appalling. I just wish I had been around this site more and stood up when it mattered, instead of now when everything's been said, done, rehashed and left out to rot. I'm sorry that I wasn't.

Well, I think ideally one would apologize for any indiscretions one has committed in leaving.

It may be understandable, but it doesn't make it justified. To be justified, it must be just.
Missing you already, Iola!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-24-2012, 02:53 AM)vakarian Wrote: I think Iolanthe was quite justified in making whatever 'parting shots' she decided to make.

That's part of her mystique.

:eyeroll:
(02-26-2012, 12:36 AM)cgraye Wrote:

Are you saying that you "ain't missing" her?

Or, you are missing her?

Or, you say you "ain't missing" her, when you really are, no matter what your friends say? (Meaning, you have a terrible crush on her and your life is a black, soulless void without her presence.)

Well, which is it Admiral?
(02-26-2012, 09:33 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Are you saying that you "ain't missing" her?

Or, you are missing her?

Or, you say you "ain't missing" her, when you really are, no matter what your friends say? (Meaning, you have a terrible crush on her and your life is a black, soulless void without her presence.)

It's a statement on the ambiguity of the forum's feelings about her and her departure.  Some reacted to her with hostility, but deep down, we'll all be missing her.

See, wasn't it much more profound before you made me explain it?  Can't you just let the 80s music speak for itself?
(02-26-2012, 09:47 PM)cgraye Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 09:33 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Are you saying that you "ain't missing" her?

Or, you are missing her?

It's a statement on the ambiguity of the forum's feelings about her and her departure.  Some reacted to her with hostility, but deep down, we'll all be missing her.

See, wasn't it much more profound before you made me explain it?  Can't you just let the 80s music speak for itself?

I don't know.  Can I?

Yes.  Yes, I can.  :tiphat:
(02-26-2012, 10:07 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I don't know.  Can I?

Yes.  Yes, I can.   :tiphat:

I like your style.
(02-20-2012, 10:51 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 10:20 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: Because if I was in the coffee room at church after mass, asking for advice about computer batteries, and a man came up to me and made this comment:

(02-16-2012, 10:02 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Sounds like menopause

...I wouldn't return or even respond. I would get my coffee at Peet's after mass.

If someone said it to me, I'd laugh and make a point to hang out with him because I like his sense of humour.

Thats because you have a sense of humor something LOLanthe doesn't.
(02-28-2012, 02:28 AM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: Thats because you have a sense of humor something LOLanthe doesn't.

What's up with your last posts bashing Iolanthe?  A sense of humour is probably the only thing that allowed her to stay here as long as she did.  Have you read some of the crap that gets posted here?  It may be unnerving for some men to be challenged by a woman, but the way she did it hardly represented a character fault...and more importantly, you don't know her.  Accusations of feminism and having no sense of humour after she left are just cheap shots :shrug: