caffiene-not so good for you?
Caffeine abuse becoming health problem
[-]
  •
Does this mean that if I drink enough coffee I'll start hallucinating?  AWESOME! [Image: bubbles.gif]
Interesting.

Quote:Caffeine as a new drug of choice, lead researcher Dr. Danielle McCarthy suggested, was the result of "aggressive marketing of high-content caffeine-containing beverages."

What are some examples of such beverages?
Quote:Symptoms of caffeine overdose include "everything from nausea, vomiting and a racing heart to hallucinations, panic attacks, chest pains and trips to the emergency room," the Tribune said.
The only time I felt nauseous (can't remember whether my heart was racing) from ingesting too much caffeine was when I attended a coffee barista training course where I drank copious shots of espresso, because we kept practising how to pull the perfect espresso from the machine and I felt it was a terrible waste to pour them all away. It was a really unpleasant feeling. Almost like a hangover, except I was not vomitting nor feeling groggy.
Kenny Wrote:What are some examples of such beverages?

Here's my favorite:
[Image: 403312b.jpg]
You can find the ingredients here.
Thanks! We don't have that in my country, but there are similar products. I will go check them out.
Kenny Wrote:Thanks! We don't have that in my country, but there are similar products. I will go check them out.

Well, they're not recommended by any means! [Image: laff.gif]

But, your welcome!
Spooky7272 Wrote:The Chicago Tribune reported Saturday that the researchers analyzed three years' of cases that were reported to the Illinois Poison Center and found more than 250 cases of medical complications resulting from ingesting too many caffeine supplements.

"Supplements" seems to mean caffeine pills. I don't think anyone is going to end up in the emergency room from drinking too many lattes. It takes a lot.
Me too Fluffs! Although I drink diet.
[Image: rockstardiet.jpg]

miss_fluffy Wrote:

Here's my favorite:

[Image: 403312b.jpg]

You can find the ingredients here.