Shouldn't have posted about good happening...
What an awful and evil thing for that man to have done to your DH! :censored:

Unfortunately, I think Carole is right, especially if it is a small company that did this to your DH. My DH works for a huge international computer company, and they regularly spot check their employees computers and email if they want for anything against company policy. If a large company like this can legally do it, a small one for sure can. Perhaps you could have recourse through your DH's ex-boss's supervisor? I don't know any company that would permit internal email being distributed outside said company. If it was your DH's private email account then I think you might have a legal case.

It's wonderful that your DH got another job so quickly! My prayers are with your family.:pray2:

tradcatholicmom Wrote:I found a 5 dollar a month ISP, and with this new job we can afford that.  It's a much better job then DH told me at first...my head is just swimming.  At least we get all Sundays and Holy Days off. [Image: smile.gif] 

I am so glad to see that little smiley, Sara. Praise God for some of the people at your church stepping up! Praise God! Plan A didn't work, so here's Plan B -- and who knows where it can lead?
Montreal_Marisa Wrote:I don't know any company that would permit internal email being distributed outside said company.

Me either, and that's why I think it was illegal.  DH used to work for GMAC- the division of GM that deals with customer loans and leases.  This was an internal email that he distributed outside the company; that's my problem.  Not that he read it, and if he had seen fit to write DH up or fire him, although unfair considering, that was certainly within his rights.  What I don't think was within his rights was to take that email and pass it on to an outside employer out of "professional courtsy". 
Quote:DH used to work for GMAC- the division of GM that deals with customer loans and leases. This was an internal email that he distributed outside the company; that's my problem. Not that he read it, and if he had seen fit to write DH up or fire him, although unfair considering, that was certainly within his rights. What I don't think was within his rights was to take that email and pass it on to an outside employer out of "professional courtsy".

It's infuriating when people act like this, especially when it appears it's for no other reason than vengeance. Something like this happened to my ex husband, only it was verbal and harder to prove.

I would think you would have some legal recourse based on privacy laws. Having worked in a small company myself where I was in close contact with the owners. If someone called or wrote for information about an employee for a credit reference or job reference we were not allowed to give out any information beyond that the employee did work there. I am 99% certain that it is against the law to give any private information over to anyone, let alone a prospective employer. An employer can, at their own discretion, give good references, but never reveal that the employee was fired or a bad employee. I would think the passing on of the email in question is revealing of private information, as in a statement that they think your DH was a bad employee. I would also note that forwarded email is hardly evidence as it can be changed at will by the sender. Your DH's prospective employer should have had enough sense to dismiss it based on this fact alone. Perhaps it's a blessing that he wasn't hired by them after all?

If you're concerned that this supervisor may do something like this again to some other employee, perhaps contact with his boss would be in order? You could contact an attorney, and see if you have recourse there.