Various Recipes
Sophia Wrote:So is the cookie recipe any good?

As always, Sophia, bake a bunch, send them to me, and I will let you know.

(Someday someone will fall for it....)
QuisUtDeus Wrote:How'd it ruin a mixer? [Image: huh.gif]

The recipe was so dense it burned out my motor.
Wow it sounds like this may need one of the KitchenAid industrial mixers or done by hand.

At least you have saved others the loss of their mixers.

curious_catholic Wrote:
QuisUtDeus Wrote:How'd it ruin a mixer? [Image: huh.gif]

The recipe was so dense it burned out my motor.

The next person to try it should probably cut out about 3 cups of the oatmeal.
They are edible, and pretty good, too. The middle school FACS class (translation= junior high home economics) makes these every year at our local middle school. I don't have any middle schoolers right now, so I can't double check the recipe, but 5 cups flour sounds like an awful lot.
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
curious_catholic Wrote:I didn't think it was that great, and it ruined my mixer.[Image: mad.gif]

:laughing: Now thats funny.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:

Wow it sounds like this may need one of the KitchenAid industrial mixers or done by hand.

At least you have saved others the loss of their mixers.

Okay, you're not even going to believe this, but it WAS an industrial mixer!  LOL
I, too, believed the story and made the cookies expecting them to be amazing.  They didn't break the mixer but they were really dry.  Who would want to put something nutritious like oatmeal in a perfectly good chocolate chip cookie anyway?  I worked at Mrs. Fields when I was fifteen.  I'll take those any day![Image: gimmefood.gif]
Below is the Runza recipe mentioned in the initial post. I made it yesterday and it's pretty decent. You may want to substitue a different and more nutritious bread dough in place of white.
  INGREDIENTS:

Bread dough (2 loaves - frozen and thawed or homemade)
1 lb Hamburger
1/2 Head cabbage (chopped)
1/2 Medium onion (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Filling:
Brown the hamburger and drain. Return to pan.
Add cabbage and onion and cook down.
Salt and pepper to taste (1 tsp pepper recommended).

Let dough rise, then punch down.
Roll a portion to 1/4" thickness.
Cut into 4" x 8" pieces and add about 1/2 cup meat mixture to each.
Fold dough pieces over and seal the edges
Place seam-side-down on a greased cookie sheet.
Let rise 20-30 minutes.
Bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until brown.

littleflower Wrote:I, too, believed the story and made the cookies expecting them to be amazing. They didn't break the mixer but they were really dry. Who would want to put something nutritious like oatmeal in a perfectly good chocolate chip cookie anyway? I worked at Mrs. Fields when I was fifteen. I'll take those any day![Image: gimmefood.gif]

Actually I really like oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips in them.  Beats putting raisins in cookies.  Now if ever there was a lousy idea it is that one!