I am cooking . . . is it a sin?
Good times. Good times.

(P.S. I don't cook very much, and know only how to fry eggs, bacon, spam, instant ramen noodle soup, and maybe box stuff)
Mommie2boys
     This thread was started with hummor in mind however it is all true and I picked up frozen bread doough yesterday.  Should I get a can of apple sauce to go with the pork roast?
Daniel

kzarah Wrote:  Should I get a can of apple sauce to go with the pork roast?

Canned applesauce?

(sticks nose in air [Image: huhuh.gif] )
My salad will be fresh.  I will use bacon, hard boiled eggs, artichoke heart, cucumber, ice burg lettuce, carrots and Bob's Big Boy Roche-ford dressing.  My table will have a flower arrangement from my neighbors yard.
Daniel

Mojomama:  Pork Roast 1:10-14 "Thou shalt core and slice three or four tart apples and finely chop one onion.  Thou shalt toss the apples and onion with one cup of raisins and a half cup of brown sugar.  Thou shalt place them underneath the pork before roasting.  Thou mayest add prunes, according to thine inclination."

kzarah Wrote:My table will have a flower arrangement from my neighbors yard.

Does your neighbor know? ;)

Mojomama I might give that I try.  I was intending to add the drippings from the pork roast  in with the packaged gravy.  Are the apples and onions and raisons more to give the roast flavor or keep it moist?
Daniel

They keep it moist and add some flavor as well.  If things are looking a bit dry, it never hurts to splash on a little white wine.  (And if you haven't learned this little trick yet, anytime your pan, whether a roaster or a skillet, gets the drippings stuck to it, splash in a little win on medium heat and stir - the drippings will deglaze into the wine, cleaning the pan and adding a bit of flavor to the drippings.
Deglazing with sherry seems to add a little more depth to the sauce than deglazing with white wine.
Now on the serious side, I plan on using one of those plastic cooking bags to cook the roast.  I love pork roast but it often comes out tough or dry.  I am hoping that the cooking bag will keep it moist.  I will of course look for marbling, I am not concerned about fat.  But does anyone have any secrets on keeping the pork loin roast tender and juicy?  I might add that I intend for myself to have a hot pork loin roast sandwich with gravy over it.  Boy is that good.  The hard thing for me right now is that I am being careful of what I eat until Christmas so that on can be a pig, (no pun intended) on Christmas however all of this talk on Christmas dinner is making me hungry.
Daniel