I am cooking . . . is it a sin?
Secrets I don't have, but methinks I can suggest a few areas you want to look into so the eventual roast that comes out of the oven is moist and juicy:

1. Look for marbling. As you already know, this fat will melt and keep the meat moist during cooking.
  2. Pork should have a good layer of fat and a thick layer of skin so that you get good crackling.
  3. Remember to bast the meat as often as possible.
My inclination is that with the cooking bag you don't want to open it to baste. This would be counterproductive, although otherwise I would agree with Kenny.

I forgot to add that you should let the roast rest before slicing it.
Dinner was wonderful.  I mean it was really good.  People who actually know how to cook would probably laugh.  I have not eaten so much as I did today in a long time.  It was that good.
Merry Christmas
Daniel

I'm so glad to hear it was a hit. Tell me how you finally cooked the roast, and what kind of potatoes you used? I was going to post and ask you.

Merry Christmas

while this is a bit late, a good recipe my sister gave me is to roast the pork with thyme but don't cook it completely. Roast it with some fruit juice, depending on the weight, then mix apricot ( or any other preserve) mixed with ground ginger and Worchester sauce. Ladel that over the roast and turn your heat down about 25 degrees for the remainder of the time. It comes out soooooooooo juicy and moist and retains the moisture even when cold.

I always roast pork with fruit citrus or berry or apples..just adds the right about of moisture.
Mojomomma
    I baked it at 350 degrees 20 minutes per pound.  New years I am going to try a rib eye roast.  Thanks for the tips.
DAniel

in a bag? with fruit? basted? say more. And how did the side dishes turn out?  I'm so glad your holiday meal was a hit.
Mojomamma
    I just turned the ovon on toe 350, put the roast in a foil pan.  1/2 of the roast I poked some wholes in with a knife and the stuffed garlic into the other half was plain.  I did not cover the roast nor did I use a cooking bag.  I sense that you are a good cook.
Daniel

Quote: I sense that you are a good cook 

And I, Daniel, sense that you are a wise man and a jewel in the making.[Image: wink.gif]