Irish Breakfast
Almost ditto above:

But I'd substitute one of the bangers and the white pudding for another black pudding... and a wee bit o' toast.

The oats would be with brown sugar, and milk, and a side of OJ (no Guiness in the morning for me).

In real life, what Irish eats that much food in one meal, especially in the morning? And what? No potatoes?

Incase anyone is interested, there are Irish butchers that live in the USA that make this stuff, and will send it to you frozen. They make Scottish pies and things like that, too.

On a side note: what a mortification for a "traditional" to look at that pic on a Friday!
Mmmmm I'll have the Full Irish since you're making it.

Has to be Clonakilty Black Pudding tho'

From Darina Allen's Ballymaloe Cookery Course - one of my favourite cookery books:

'George Gossip writes: 'Shooting trips are often an all-male affair, with a distinct lowering of standards.  Personal memories involve enormous fried breakfasts, making full use of any leftover potatoes from the previous night, vast numbers of under-done kidneys, fried eggs either runny, or very over-cooked and leathery, a dozen eggs poaching all together in a saucepan, lots of fried bread, wonderful black puddings, made by the local butcher, in a roasting tin and cut in thick slices, like cake, and far, far too many rashers of bacon and sausages.  Thick slices of bread, thickly buttered.  Comparisons between each others' wives' marmalade.  To drink, strong tea or even stronger coffee, made in a jug and filtered through a sieve with too wide a mesh.  Beware the question: 'Would you like a starter?' It probably means a glass of Paddy! Usually the dogs are allowed to lick the frying pans, before they are washed.'

[Image: gimmefood.gif]

Yeah, Ger talks a good game but if you show up at her place for breakfast alls ya get is a bowl of thin gruel. (And the glass of Paddy ends up in the steak sauce!)

Yup, I love porridge for breakfast!
Poor DH - if it's not bad enough his whiskey ends up in the steak sauce - he has his eye on a lovely Chilean red for tomorrow but it's going into a Beef Bourgignon for tomorrow night's feast.  Constant flow of hungry neighbours on Hogmany.

Mornac Wrote:

Yeah, Ger talks a good game but if you show up at her place for breakfast alls ya get is a bowl of thin gruel. (And the glass of Paddy ends up in the steak sauce!)

That's because she saves the good stuff for elevenses.
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.

From what I’ve heard about her Hogmany carrying-on, you’ll be lucky if she’s up and about for thirteenses.

I'll be up all right - wains will see to that; whether I'll be compos mentis or not is another matter.

Reckon it'll take the Full Irish (minus starter) to put me right!

I think we can skip the porridge for Ger today - seems she's already feelin' her oats.