"Strange" sandwich preferences - What's yours?
I'm sure everyone likes some sandwich or sandwich fixin' combination that others find 'strange'.  So what are yours?

The things I like that my husband swears are "crazy" are:

* Putting plain potato chips in my sandwiches (esp. tuna, egg, ham or chicken salad)
* Peanut butter and mayo
* Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches - turkey slices, mashed potatoes and gravy soaked dressing on bread with mayo and salt.

I used to eat canned pinto beans with mustard on rye when I was a vegetarian.  I also like peanut butter with cheese.  Although I haven't eaten either one in years.

Quote:Carole K wrote

* Putting plain potato chips in my sandwiches (esp. tuna, egg, ham or chicken salad)
* Peanut butter and mayo
* Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches - turkey slices, mashed potatoes and gravy soaked dressing on bread with mayo and salt.

Seems to me the first one is just another interpretation of hot dish.  I mean, nobody would be surprised to see a bit of potato chip atop a tuna, ham or chicken casserole, would they? 

The second - well, lots of things go good with peanut butter.  We used to do pb & honey (especially good on toast) and pb & banana slices (open face is fine here)

As to your post-thanksgiving sandwich, where's the cranberry sauce?

mojomama Wrote:As to your post-thanksgiving sandwich, where's the cranberry sauce?

In the refrigerator.  I'm not a big fan of cranberry sauce.
The "weirdest" I've had and liked came from my Irish-side Grandpa: peanut butter and bacon sammiches, with the bacon fried real crisp and drained really well. Surprisingly delicious, and especially good when the bread (American poor people white bread) -- as is best with peanut butter sandwiches most times -- is toasted.

I also like crisp lettuce sometimes on peanut butter sandwiches.

Ron likes mashed potato sandwiches, and also does the thing with potato chips.

Pops always used to eat Fried Bologna Sandwiches. His frying bologna used to amuse us kids because when the rounds of meat are cooking, they poof up like breasts, hence the name "Boob Sandwiches." LOL
Vox & Carole,

You're almost there! peanut butter, mayo, lettuce AND bacon makes the greatest sammich! And, Vox, your grandpa was right, the bacon's got to be very crispy!
I love Cuban sandwiches:
boiled ham, genoa salami, spiced pork on cuban bread (similar to french bread) with letuce, pickles, mayo and mustard pressed flat and heated.
Nothing beats a toasted bagel with lots of turkey, honey mustard, provolone and a good helping of slaw on top!
Gosh, you people are making me feel...sandwich-challenged LOL. I'm all trying to think of an odd sandwich, and I can't come up with anything odder than, er, ham & cheese with various condiments. This is depressing.........
Jen, how about a nice bacon cheeseburger on a cibatta with a fried egg on top?[Image: gimmefood.gif]